Chapter IX

Fairtown Casino
July

J and Jungkook shoved a gun each, into the back of their pants, heading out the bathroom, towards the top floor.

'HEY!', someone yelled from behind them.

J and Jungkook slowly turned around, only to be met with a tall, muscular policeman.

'There was a complaint about a shooting and we're doing a search. You're supposed to remain in the main hall. Where do you gentlemen think you're going?'

Jungkook sized up the man. He scanned the area around them.
A simple waiting room, couches and coffee tables with newspapers to occupy your time, with the elevator and stairs at the back, fire extinguisher on the left, flower vase on the right.

Neither of these items would be quiet enough not to draw attention to them or be quick enough for them to use to escape.

'I wish I had my shuriken. I could've taken him out in a second.', Jungkook thought.

'A shooting?', J acted surprised, 'We we're just going to head up to our room.'

He pulled out a room key card from his pocket to show the cop as proof.

A light in Jungkook's head went off as he stared at the thin, sharp-edged card J twirled around his fingers.

'Once our search is complete, you may go to your room.'

'No, see, my brother's sick so I need to-'

Jungkook started coughing immediately. He was terrible at acting.

The policeman wasn't falling for their act as he knew something was fishy.
He started running towards the two, pulling out a pair of handcuffs.

Before J put the card back in his pocket, Jungkook thought quick, hoping that his skills wouldn't fail him as he ripped the card out of J's hand.

With accuracy and speed, Jungkook held the card between his index and middle finger and flicked his wrist, forcefully sending the card flying to the policeman, slicing his neck.
He stopped running, staring expressionlessly at J and Jungkook before he dropped to the ground, bleeding profusely from his neck.

'Run!', J pulled Jungkook into the stairway.

___________________

'Mr. Iosif, we've got Sawyers on the roof just like you asked. The police is already bombarding the casino. Where do you want us to bring him?'

'Oh, RM-', Iosif got cut off.

'Give me a second, let me connect you to the others' earpieces.', RM said.

___________________

The Rooftop

A strong breeze, dark sky and the moon covered by grey clouds, accompanied them this evening.

'Shit.', V cursed as he watched more and more police cars approaching.

Sawyers was tied up and thrown onto the cold, cement floor of the roof, coughing. Illiana, annoyed with him, pressed her shoe into his cheek, pushing his face further into the cement.