(Rozen) Chapter 4: The Festival

I stayed in my room until noon. I finally emerged when I realized that there was nothing I could do.

I walked down the stairs. People treated me with their normal skitishness. They avoided me like usual. I was used to it. The respect and distance for the the Alpha's son went hand in hand. I once found freedom in it but now I felt the empty silence. Silence that Quin and Lilly usually filled.

"Hey Rosey!" Ash yells at me. "Is it true you accidentally killed your cousin?" I keep walking and focus on the path ahead of me. Ash persists. "Aw come on Rosey! Everyone knew that you'd go psycho one day! It's old news." I keep walking. "The only question is- did you roast her or drown her?" My heart brakes at those words. Anger blinds me.

In matter of seconds I've shifted and jumped on top of him. He shifts too. He growls and shoves me off of him. We circle each other. We struggle and fight. I hit him again and again. Each time I'm greeted by the sound of bones cracking.

"ENOUGH!" My father commands in his Alpha voice. Any normal wolf would have been forced to obey but his power didn't work on me. I continue my viscous onslaught.

5 more wolves jump on top of me and hold me back. Ash shifts back and yells. "Giving up so soon?" My mind darkens like I'm possessed. The ground beneath Ash's feet spouts up in flames. He starts to wail and all the wolves run away as if I was a radioactive bomb.

The darkness lifts momentarily. It returns moments later but it was enough. Enough for me to realize what I was doing. The flames go out in a poof of smoke. Just as fast as the wolves came they left. Things went to normal almost immediately like usual. My father made sure of it. As soon as somethings over it's forgotten.

Everyone returns to preparing for the blood moon festival. If it were just a pack event it would have been canceled. Unfortunately hundreds of packs attend the festival.

The Blood Moon Festival lasts for 3 days. It starts on the night of the blood moon and lasts 2 days after. Packs gather and celebrate. Many people meet their mates. Priestesses of the moon do ceremonies. It is by far the most important part of the year. The blood moon represents power and strength. The night of blood moon is also said to be the night when you get a glimpse of your destiny.

I don't believe any of it myself but lots of people are hard core believers.

~the night of the festival

"Rozen!" My father says as he runs towards me. "The packs are arriving. Go take your seat." He jogs off not waiting for a response. Boom! Boom! Boom! Drums start to beat. Torches start to glow. Great big pyres are lit one by one in a circle. That's when the crowds start pouring through the mansion's gate.

Alphas and their families from all across the globe pour in. Crowds form and it gets unbelievably loud. BOOM! The final drum sounds off signaling that the moon has started to rise. The crowd falls silent. They watch the moon slowly climb. Once the moon reaches it's apex the crowd let's out and ear shattering scream. Everyone shifts and starts to howl.

I speak to the guests and make my rounds. Finally I make it to the buffet. I was starving and Festival food is by far the best. I pile my plate high. I lift my fork to my mouth and drop it instantly. I let go of my plate and it shatters on the ground. Everyone around me stops and stares but I couldn't care less.

I shift and sprint off into the forest. I follow the beautiful smell deeper and deeper into the forest. I came to clearing and soon realized something was very wrong. The ground and trees had been burnt to ashes in a circle. In the very middle was a girl in a torn white dress. The blood moon was shining directly on top of her casting an erie red light on her.

Her black hair shone in the moonlight and her blue eyes glowed like saphires. She looked like a fallen star. Instantly I hear a voice in my head "MATE."

I stand there in shock. She let's out a small moan. I run over as fast as I can. I wrapmy arms around her and pull her head onto my lap. Her eyes were open and she was breathing but she didn't seem to be able to move. She was in shock.

I howled and in matter of minutes my father was by my side. "What the hell?" He said in shock. "I think she's my mate." I said with my eyes still on her. "What happened?" He asks warily almost as though he thought it was my fault. "I found her like this." I say in disbelief.

Something wet drips onto my arm. Blood. Her nose had started bleeding. What do I do? All of a sudden her eyes rolled back and she started to foam at the mouth. She was seizing. I look up in panic at my father.

All of sudden it stops and she sits bolt upright and says "My name is Nadia Petrova." Before falling back into my arms. I lift her off the ground and run back home leaving my father in my wake.

Heads turn and people stare but I keep going until I reach my room. I place her on my bed and lock the door. I mind link Arianna the pack docter.

I hear a knock on my door. I unlock it and pull in a shocked Arianna. "This is your mate?" She asks shocked. I don't know what shocked her more the state that the girl was in or the fact that I had a mate.

"What's this on her arm?" Arianna asks while pointing to a mark on the girl's forearm shaped like a cresent moon. I take a step back and roll up my sleeve. I look down at my cresent moon. Arianna's eyes shift back and forth between the girl and me.

"You have the MARK of the BLOOD MOON." She says in horror.