(Nadia) Chapter 8: The Mate Bond

I had hardly spoken to anyone. It wasn't my style. Rozen introduced me to a lot of people but I let him do the talking. Of course now I stood alone near the refreshment table since Rozen was having a private word with someone. I took a sip of my crimson drink and swirled it around. It was disgusting. I poor it into the plant pot beside me.

Even as I start the motion I feel eyes on my back. I finish pouring out the glass's contents as their eyes burn a whole in my back. I turn around. There standing before me was who I presumed was alpha around here. He looked enough like Rozen to be. I smile a sickly sweet grin. I can't stand Alphas.

"You're the Alpha I presume?" I say in fakely warm voice. The way he was staring at me was atrocious. He nods taking a sip of his wine. I step away when I smell the alcohol on his breath. He steps towards me. His fingers wrap around a lock of my hair. Pure disgust pumped through my veins. This vile creature was making a move on me.

When he moved from my hair onto my shoulder I had had enough. I wretched his arm off of me and snapped his wrist. He cries out in pain but I do not let go. "You will never touch me again. If you do- I'll kill you." I whispered angrily. The man stared at me in shock. "Got it?" I say as I force the bones even further apart. He nods as fast as he can. I release him from my grip and go off in search of Rozen.

I was so relieved when I found him that I pulled him into a tight embrace. He was my last chance at humanity and I knew it. I wrap my arms around him inhaling his sweet smell. He looks at me in suprise. "I'm sorry, I just really don't like parties." I say. It was true but not the reason why I did that. He of course takes my actions in a stride and is quite satisfied with the display of physical affection.

He waves goodbye to the man he was speaking to and lightly skims his hand along my arm. He looks purely happy until he smells it. His father's scent was all over me. He pulls back. "Why do you smell like my father?" He questions. I shrugged. "Please tell me he didn't -" he stops himself short. "He did. And I broke his wrist." I say plainly. His eyebrows raise. "I can handle myself." I snap defensively. He raises his hands up in surrender. I smile again.

"Can we go upstairs?" I ask catching him by suprise. My face heats up. Did I actually just blush? "To speak." I quickly clarify. "I want to get to know you." His face lights up once again. "I'd love to Nadia." All of his features soften as he looks in my eyes. It's supposed to be endearing but all it does is make me feel guilty.

"Look Rozen, I need to tell you something. I'm not what you think I am. I've done terrible things in the name of revenge. I've completely lost control of my powers. Innocent people have gotten hurt by me. You can't imagine the amount of guilt I feel and how warped my soul has become." I flinch at my last words because they are true. I remember that fateful day a long time ago I woke up with no recollection of what I had done and I found myself in piles of bodies. My conscience had never let me move on.

Rozen grabs my chin pulling me away from the past. "You need to tell me more about the Mark of the Blood Moon and about being moon cursed." He says sternly. I nod. He looks at me up and down. He intakes my appearance and seems to be lost in thought. "What's this?" He asks in a terse voice. I look to see what he was pointing at. He pulls my dress further off my shoulder. "Did someone try to mark you?" He stares at the scars raking down my collarbone and shoulder. I grimace.

"It doesn't matter." My whole body had tensed and I could barely meet his eye. He grabs my shoulders and stares at me expectantly. Honesty. He expected honesty. I gulp. "There are those who want to kill me-" I pause thinking of how to put the rest "and then there are those who want to mate with me." Rozen's face darkens like thunder clouds blocking out the sun. "They tried and failed." I did not mention that they had lost their lives trying.

Rozen wraps his arms around me and kisses my neck. "No one will ever be your mate except me." His raspy voice sends chills down my spine. He kisses me again but lower this time. He travels down and finally reaches the spot where he would mark me. He kisses it and a strangled moans escapes me. "One day I'm going to mark you and then you'll be mine. One day soon." He whispers coyly. My breath hitches. "Then do it." I respond between heavy breaths.

Rozen looks me in the eye and leans over. He stops himself. Confused, I look up at him. His blue eyes beam down on me. "Do it." I whisper. His canines elongate and he inhales deeply. Rozen pushes me up against the wall and I rap my leg around his waist. He bites down just below my collarbone. I inhale sharply. The pain and the pleasure melt together and my back arches. He licks away my blood and kisses the freshly broken skin. Rozen presses his body against mine.

In turn I kiss up and down his neck until I find the right place. The place that sends shivers down his back and gives him a look of pure ecstacy. My teeth find their mark and sink into his flesh. He groans. I lick away the blood. His fingers comb through my hair and hold me to him as he kisses me passionately. I pull away breathless.

"Rozen." I say halting him. "This is as far as it goes tonight." I whisper realizing I had probably made a mistake. He nods and catches his breath. "Do you want to talk then?" He questions I quickly nod.