(Rozen) Chapter 14: Revelations

"What happened?" I ask weakly. Shapes blur before my eyes and I fall into blackness.

Her sobs make me scream inside and yet nothing I do can stop her. The scene repeats on a loop, always ending the same. Nadia sits in a cave all alone sobbing in a dress that looks like an old ballgown. She watches the Blood moon rise and one last tear falls down her face. She pulls out a dagger and plunges it into her stomach. I scream and try to pull it out of her but my hands go right through he and the blurry image. She slowly dies before my eyes.

I wake with a start, scaring Nadia. She jerks her hand off my forehead and shoves me off of her lap in a matter of seconds. She catches her breath and rushes back to my side. "Are you alright?" She asks me softly. I soon realize that I'm in my bed and I had no idea how I had gotten there.

A faint light shone between my grey curtains lighting up my blue and white room. I roll over pulling my black duvet cover off and sinking my feet into my shaggy carpet. Nadia watches me with concern the whole time.

"What happened?" I ask, briefly remembering I had asked it once before. She inhales deeply as though it pained her to think about it. I caress her face and turn it back to look at me. "What's wrong darling?" I ask momentarily forgetting my first question. "Can you sit down for this Rozen?" She requests meekly.

I plop down right away and pull her onto my bed beside me. "What is it?" I ask, the suspense killing me. "Something happened last night," I open my mouth to say something but she silences me "you lost control. And it's my fault. When the rogues attacked I let you-" I stop her short. "Rogues attacked?" I say in disbelief.

"That's strange." She mutters to herself. "What is?" I ask. She looks at me sheepishly. "You seem to black out a lot of memories." I was soooo lost. I look at her blankly. "I really have to explain somethings." She sighs. I nod. Things were not adding up. I needed her to elaborate.

"Marking me may or may not have unlocked something inside of you or transferred something to you. A darkness you might call it. When your eyes go black and memories fall through the cracks. When that happens we can lose control. We can maim or even kill people unwittingly." She explains. I was at a loss for words.

"So what causes it to happen?" I question. She squirms under my stare and her voice tightens. "Extreme emotion or being really hyped up like what happened last night." The words tasted bitter in her mouth and she could barely get them out. "Nadia," I say softly "you need to tell me what happened last night. "

She swallows thickly. "A group of rogues attacked. You asked me to remain upstairs. You fought them and all the rogues either fled or died. When the battle was over I came down to check on you but your father stopped me. He started yelling and saying that it was all my fault and how I should just leave.

I couldn't stop myself so I basically called him a jerk. But in much more colourful language of course. I must have really pissed off your father because he slapped me." A low growl reverberated through me. Nadia places her hand on me, calming me down. "Please Rozen. " She pleads. I silence myself.

"You got so angry with your father that your eyes went black and you shifted. Your father was almost dead by the time I pried you off of him. And then- well. After a few minutes your eye colour went back to normal and you shifted back. You asked me what had happened and then you just dropped unconscious." She says.

All colour drained from my face. I couldn't believe what had happened. What I had done to my father. Nadia places her hand on my leg. Nadia. A new question forms in my mind. 

"How is it your fault?" I ask her. Her lips tighten into a thin white line. "I'm not like most people who have the Mark of the Blood Moon. I'm a special case. I'm stronger and more powerful." She pauses. "But with great power comes great responsibility. My power has a dark side. Most Marked wolves don't have eyes that turn black and they certainly do not lose control."

Nadia wasn't telling me something- I knew that much. I just couldn't figure out what. Or why for that matter. We're mates. How could she not trust me? She let me mark her. Doesn't that mean anything to her?