(Nadia) Chapter 19: Long Awaited Reunions

"Don't you recognize your own brother?"

I scramble backwards away from the menacing voice. "Don't be afraid darling." He soothes. "It's me Henry." My eyes begin to clear and prove his words true. "Henry?" I whisper. He nods. I pull him into my arms. "I thought you were dead!" I gush. Henry grins. "That's because I am." Ghastly fangs peek out of his mouth as he lunges for me.

I struggle in his grip, ignoring Camilla's throaty cackle. She watches me as I try in vain to fight my brother despite my restraints. Henry or rather what used to be Henry smashes my head into the ground and pins me facing Camilla. "What's wrong Nadia? Why so weak?" She chuckles darkly. "Oh yes! You've been drugged." She drawls as she walks over. She pinches my cheek. "Did you really think you could overpower me?" I lay limply and don't respond.

She kneels closer and I spring. I grab her disgusting red locks and smash her head against the wall mercilessly. She cries out for help and Henry tackles me once again. He grabs my throat and I grab his. Black goo drips out of his mouth and his eyes are completely white like pearls. I gag. Camilla has turned his dead body into a guard for her cottage.

I gasp for breath as his grip tightens but I don't stop fighting. I knee him in the face and grab both sides of his head. With one swift motion I snap his neck and dump his body aside. I run over to Camilla and hold a knife to her throat. "How could you defile Henry's body like that? What made you think it was okay to use a dead man's body for your sick spells?" I demand.

"A girl's got to get by somehow." She pouts. I press the tip of the blade against her neck and peirce the skin. A single red droplet rolls down her neck from the wound. "How civil of you Nadia. Using a knife instead of ripping me apart with your claws. I did a good job teaching you manners." She says with glee. She knows just how to get under my skin. I slam her head against the wall once again. "I'm not in the mood for games." I spit.

She flicks away the blood trickling into her eyes. "What can I do for you Nadia?" Seriousness clouds her voice. "Tell me everything about Cyrus." She grins. "No." I run the dagger a little farther. She hisses in pain. Her grin widens. This wasn't working. I take her hand and place it on the table. I hover the blade just above her thumb. "You wouldn't dare!" She screeches. "Oh I would." I touch the knife to her skin. "One last chance."

"I did a wonderful job with you Nadia. So ruthless. I should have known it would bite me in the ass later on." She complains. "I'll tell you. Just don't dismember me." She grudgingly agrees. "Cyrus was so powerful." She stares off into space remembering better days.

"But with power comes great responsibility. He was both feared and respected but eventually fear won out. No one likes what they can't understand. Other wolves and people grew wary of him. They lacked trust. One day they had had enough. Armies marched for him and he begged me to save his life. I of course complied. I made an unparalleled spell.

I lifted his soul out of his body and I was going to put it into my amulet when those ruffians broke in. Before I got a chance to put his soul into it they attacked me and Cyrus's soul floated free. I thought I had lost him forever until I remembered another incantation. A spell to rebind his soul.

You see, when a soul flies free it breaks into thousands of shards. The spell I cast would piece it back together. I knew it would take thousands of years but I had no other choice. The spell made the pieces flow into wolves. Not just any wolves but the best of the best and the strongest. When they found their mate the two pieces would join together. Sooner or later his soul would resurface in the descendants when they were strong. Or at least Moon cursed.

I've waited patiently for this. For you Nadia. You have the most pieces a wolf has ever had. You are only missing one shard. The one that your mate posses. There is so much power in you Nadia. Billions upon billions of pieces. Almost the complete soul of Cyrus. You are going to free him."

"And why is that?" I coldly reply. She smiles. I realize too late that this was the question she had been waiting for. "To obtain the life you want. You and your remaining brothers will become mortal. Your mate's life will be spared.  The darkness will leave you." I glare at her. "If that doesn't convince you I'm sure I'll find other less pleasant methods."

"What's in it for you? Why do you want to free him so much?" I inquire. She frowns. She doesn't seem pleased. "He has something of mine."