Identity

Jun was already on the terrace sipping his coffee when Risa tiptoed towards him. He turned towards her, and their eyes met. For a split second, it seemed like time had paused when Jun snapped out of it.

"Ahem...sorry princess."

No its okay" and both of them turned sideways

"well, there is something I wanted to share with you" Jun said. Risa looked up at him expectantly.

"I couldn't find anything about you. You are not related to any English or French royalty neither they have any runaway princess whom they are trying to find" he said

She kept quiet.

"So it seems I will have to work doubly hard to find out from where you belong. But judging by past circumstances, it will be difficult."

"You don't have to Jun," she said

He looked at her. Her eyes were fixed on some distant horizon. He sighed. "I am sorry. But I am trying my best. The good news is you professor has agreed to let you in class in case you get some memory of your childhood or any memory with that kind of surrounding" he said

"Jun? There are a lot of things that you are doing for me despite your tight schedules." She turned towards him "thank you. But you are letting me live in your home, that's more than enough. You don't have to do anything else for me."

"I love solitude more than anyone else in the town. Perhaps that is the primary reason why I am here in a small town, living and studying and minding my own business because I hate public interaction. I don't do something for anybody unless I want to. If I am doing something for you, it is something that I want to, not because I pity you. Trust me"

She kept silent.

"I need to know about your dreams," he said

She narrated each of her dreams which she vaguely remembered. Jun listened intently.

"You see Jun? I feel as if someone is trying to connect with me but is unable to reach out to me. I don't know whether it's for good or for worst" she looked down and sighed.

"You have to believe that you have some power in you. I am not bluffing. I saw you that day."

"We had that discussion Jun. It was an adrenaline rush. I tried many times all sort of monkey tricks you told me to. Nothing happened. And basically, I don't remember at all" she said

"we will see about that. So are you ready for the class?" he asked

" I don't know" she chuckled. He smiled. Both of them looked towards the giant ball gradually setting behind those high mountains.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"ESCAPED? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ESCAPED?" Zayden roared. He deep red eyes rooted on every single person who came to deliver this disgusting news to him in his chamber.

"Apologies you highness, but it seems like someone stole the key from the prime maid and helped her escape" one of the attendants hesitantly spoke.

"I DON'T CARE. FIND HER AND BRING HER TO ME" he shouted.

"But your highness, nobody knows where she went. It is as if she disappeared out of thin air" a guard standing between two attendants spoke lowering his head

"How can she vanish out of thin air? She cannot channel her powers by herself. He goddamned sister is in my captivity. Do you think I am a fool to believe your words instead of questioning your ability to do your work?"

"We speak the truth sir, fifty guards are still in the forest searching for her, but no we cannot trace her through her powers."

Zayden crept behind the speaking guard and spoke in his ears " I don't care. Bring her to me. Bring her back otherwise, the whole kingdom is going to face the wrath."

"Leave" he hissed. All of them scurried away. He walked towards the window and whispered to himself "You are mine, wherever you are. Sooner or later I will get you and make you pay for this".

Noel was listening to the tantrums of Zayden in his chamber. As soon as everyone left the room, he crept towards the throne room and took a right towards the dungeons. He walked silently and cautiously towards the 4th cell. The dungeons were empty as most of the guards were in the forest looking for Amelia.

"She escaped" he whispered

A figure inside a crystal cell stirred. She looked tired and worn out. But it didn't affect her glow. Excitedly she came to the gates.

"Are you serious, Noel?" what? How?" Bryony spoke

"I did help her escape." and he narrated everything in front of her.

"Thank you so much, Noel, I thought we are all done for. otherwise, she would have done the unimaginable thing" she seems to relax a bit. "Where is she? I cannot feel her" she asked

"She is nowhere in our world, Bryn. We have teleported her to the human world" he said

"Human world? Are you nut, Noel? She is somewhere in an unknown land, and I am stuck here helpless. Thanks to this crystal cell I am unable to channel her powers."

"Relax Bryn, since Amy is gone, Zayden is surely going to spit his frustrations on you. So it's you who need to be careful. She will manage" Noel said

"I am not scared, Noel. All my life I have dealt with this." She smiled

"I will make sure he doesn't hurt you much," he said "I will have to leave, somebody is coming this way" and he left

Bryony sighed "Stupid girl," she thought