reunited ; mileven

*play the song while reading , if you'd like*

Today was the day.
The day El was finally coming back to Hawkins.
The day El would come back Home.
Back home to Mike. Her one and only Home.

Mike awaited for class to be over.
He barged out of the door with excitement as he heard the bell ring.
Oh—he went too fast that he forgot to say Bye to his friends.

Mike ran out and hopped on his Bike.
He didn't care about the risk of hitting a pole or a mailbox—
He wanted to come home to El.
And he knew exactly where El would be.

Mike headed towards the woods—on to hopper's cabin. His car was nowhere to be seen but Mike didn't care at this moment.
He quickly dropped his bike and ran to the door.

He knocked hardly—his knuckles hurting with every knock.

Shit. I forgot about the " knock ".

Mike quickly remembered what the special " knock " was. El told him about it in case he wanted to come over.

He knocked Twice with a pause— Then once . Then knocked thrice.

The door opened.
It was El.
She looked so exhausted. Her tired lifeless eyes , still sparkled as Mike stared into them. Her pale skin were still soft as Mike pulled her in for a hug. Mike admired El more than anything , and he's glad she's back.

" Where's Hopper? "
" Grocery. "

Typical Hopper. Forgetting to buy things for being too "busy".

" Come. " Mike said.
Mike had something planned for El. He's been waiting for this day ever since she left.

El hopped onto Mike's Bike as Mike swiftly drifted out of the woods.

They were headed off to this place—a place where El has never been to—could it be one of Mike's hiding places?

" we're here! come up! "
It seemed like a treehouse.
Mike climbed up the ladder while El followed.

Mike covered El's eyes as she stood on the floorboard of the treehouse.

" surprise! "
El opened her eyes to a wonderful place. Blankets and Pillows scattered on the floor. Christmas lights hanging on the ceiling , and El's favorite record playing.

Mike and El sat down.
Mike seeing how happy El was—him admiring her wide smile as she looked at the magnificent sight around her—him admiring how he felt at home with her—him admiring how happy he was to be in her presence.

Mike put his arm around El's shoulder—them both wrapped around a blanket— looking at the sunset.

El didn't feel tired—she didn't feel so weak anymore—she felt safe. She felt protected. She felt like everything was alright.

" welcome home El. "