chapter 2

Stella's POV

"mummy ,mummy ... it's breakfast time" Daisy pulled me out of the bed in my still half asleep state , her eyes batts to me , while she turned on her favorite morning cartoon and as always maximize the volume .
"in a minute honey" i told her wanting to shut my eyes for a bit .
man , i should remind myself not to sleep so late at night , don't try to fight me on this .. being a mum is fun and all , but ... it is tiring ...
when you gotta balance being a single mum and had to work your ass off from 9-5 every day , pick her up at lunch time and have lunch together and bring her back to my workshop until 5.. and not forget to cook dinner for my little one for dinner , and i dont even include laundry and all the other stuff .
oh God , it is exhausting
but , no worries ..
i do it all for her . because i love her .
if my mum can raise me single handedly , so can i .

so i walked from the bed to the bathroom , getting ready for Daisy's bath and took a shower .
as i made Daisy her favorite waffles for breakfast as she watched her cartoons .

"honey , you gotta stop watching while you're eating.. you should focus on one thing at a time "i scold her as her eyes are glued to the tv .

"mummy why don't i have a daddy?" she asked me changing the subject and looking at me while putting more waffles to her mouth , as i wiped off some of the jam on the side of her lips .

this is the second time she asked me this , since she started school two weeks ago  .. the curiosity of her father is growing .

"well ... one day you'll understand or maybe you wont , but it's okay honey .. i promise no matter what that you will always have me" i told her kissing her forehead .

"oh-kay , i love you mummy" she said as she kissed my cheeks and i prepared her bag for school .
"i love you too sweetie" i replied

i smiled watching her tip toeing and preparing her school uniform , as i helped her along with it . as we both hurriedly walking to my car to drop Daisy off at school .

Gabriel's POV

It's been five years .. five years since the last time i saw her , five years since i left her all alone in the middle of nowhere  . i feel like i'm slowly disappearing , time has moved at a slower pace without her , everyday i got off from work and come home to hollowness .. i wonder what she was doing right now from time to time..

is she okay? is everything well? does she still think of me as much as i do?                                                
there's not a second in my life these days not regretting what i did that day i left her on the side of the road , 

but , i hope wherever she is .. it's a happy place , and she deserved a new start in her life .. one without me .

i moved back to the city , because i can't bear not seeing her at her usual place . i got back working freelance on some companies . 

i wanted to check on her from time to time .. but , i know if i did .. i'd grow attached to her again .      my mum looks happier once she found out on the news that Stella is not missing anymore, she knew it had something to do with me , and she told me time to time again that i did the right thing , although i never told her anything  . 

but , if it is the right thing .. why does it hurt so bad .. 

few of my friends been trying to get me back on the market , you know ... find another girl to fill my time with , but, every time i talk to another girl , i can't help to compare them with Stella .. i feel bad for them , it's not their fault , it's just that i've truly fallen hard for this girl and all i ever wanted was just to be with her .

though this makes me wonder , 

has she moved on? 

is she with someone else?

if she does i don't think i can take seeing her on the street wit someone's arm wrapped around her ,

right now , i am taking a lunch time break and i went to this bar that my friend's been hyping about .. i don't see anything special about it except there's this one red headed woman at the bar who keeps flirting at me , i can't help but to roll my eyes , trust me i want nothing more than to ease the pain with finding someone new , but i just can't   .. so i ordered some drinks and head out ..

across this bar is a pre-school , i see some girls coming out of the school and the parent's are waiting on the sides of their cars , until my eyes spotted a short haired woman in a grey blouse with tight black work pants .. she looked like Stella from behind , but Stella doesn't have short hair .. she has long brown curls, she ran inside the school from her car she picked up her daughter from school , she looks like she is scolding her daughter as she maybe told her to wait for her outside as she goes inside the school to meet somebody.

i walked closer to the little girl with a pout on the school bench as my curiosity goes wilder.

she has my eyes as our eyes meet .. and she has this same brown hair as Stella used too .. i don't think of anything as i just wanted to meet her so bad , it's like a gravity pulling me .

"hi" i greeted the little girl as she just stared at me confused                                                                              
"mummy told me not to talk to strangers , so you can just talk to my hand" she told me as she waved me off with her small adorable hands 

"right .. well , hi , my name is Gabriel .. what's yours?" i asked her as i shook her small hands with mine 

"umm...Daisy , and i'm sorta in trouble" she told me as she looked away .

"that's a nice name .. what sorta trouble Daisy?" i crouched to her level                                                  
"i sorta kinda punch my friend .."  she said as she trailed off ..

then i hear her mother's voice calling her from a distance as she runs over to me

"c'mon Daisy , let's go home" she said , as our eyes meet .. her eyes went wild .

i can't believe i found Stella .. her eyes glared at me as she took Daisy's hand with hers as i tried to chase after them , there's so much un answered question in my mind now ..like who's Daisy to her? 

"Stel? wait .." i ran to her

"NO! YOU STAY AWAY FROM US!! " she screamed at me 

as i stopped in the middle of my tracks towards her .. in shock of her unusual harsh tone towards me .

as she left me in front of the school as she sped off with Daisy in her car.

but , i have the urge to find out who Daisy is ...

---------

authors note

hi guys .. another update ...
keep voting please ..
so what do you think?

much lovee to you all goodreaders.🌹