Chapter 4

Stella's POV

"hey Rob ," i said as i he opened his front door to us
" hey .. you look pretty shaken up.." he said as he eyed me carefully as if he was trying to read my mind .. as i stepped in his house holding daisy in my hand.
" Hi Daisyyy!! ... i have something for you" Robert said as he hoisted Daisy up in his embrace smiling wildly as Daisy grins eagerly .
"what is itttt??" Daisy asked Robert as He settled her small body down on the couch and got a barbie doll all in pink from one of his suitcase , just great i thought .. another toy for me to pick up after she's done playing it lol,..
"you like it?" Robert asked Daisy as he crouched down to her level ..
"i love it .. thankyou Robby" she grins wildy as she kissed Robert's cheek , and he kissed her forehead in return ..
"now why don't you go play with Audrey sweetie?" Robert said to her as he slap her cute butt playfully as she ran to Audrey .. which is Robert's housemaid .

"so what's up?" Robert said as he turned his attention towards me .
"i met Gabriel today ..i mean he kinda found Daisy .. and he followed us to work" i mumbled .
"shit .. that's bad, and..?" he said as he made us a drink and i sat down on his couch and he gave me a glass of wine which i accepted and instantly took a big gulp of it and let the alcohol burned down my throat, and he sat closely next to me and i moved away a bit uncomfortable with our closeness .. i tend to need space from people ever since Gabriel .

"and he forced himself to my office and asked me about Daisy , which i told him .. the truth , that made hesitant to leave , so i had to call security to sort him out ," i told Robert letting out a deep breath ..

"i have to keep Daisy safe Robert .. i know he'll be back, he told me so , i know how he is .. i can't go back .. you know i can't .. i just can't" i said as i finally let it all out and sobbed to my own sleeve as Robert pull me closer to his arms and let me cry on him .

"There .. i can't promise you all will go smoothly , but , i'll keep you safe , and that's a promise .. you won't have to go through it again"   he said as his fingers ran through my hair .,, i really don't feel like leaning on anyone .. but , then again .. i don't have anyone but Daisy ..

there's no one i can tell my problems or share my happiness to but her .. and God knows no mother should complain to her child . i mean , Robert seems nice , he's very kind to us .. not just because i need him .. he's just really nice , cheeky , and he did sometimes makes me feel something , but , i always need to step away before anything happens , i'm not ready for this type of thing because maybe i'm not that over Gabriel .. jeez i gotta get him out of my mind ., my mind is a pounding mess .. a huge part of it not want to see Gabriel for everything he had caused and i have to protect Daisy from him and i'm not ready to feel anything or go through everything Gabriel had in store for me if he got to me again , my mental health is not prepared for that anymore .

maybe i want a normal life .. just someone who's there for me and do the normal things and not be afraid anymore , i used to be lenient on Gabriel for so long . and now i can stand on my own , though it is tiring .. it's what i must do for Daisy and myself at least.

"hey , you can stay here tonight if you want to , i mean .. it's not school day tomorrow right? it's Saturday" he offered and smiled as i looked up to him from his shoulders

"okay" i said softly , i don't feel like driving anyway .. i drank at least 4 glass , and everything is starting to blur , even listening to Robert's usual raspy warm voice that i always like sounded like glass piercing to my ears now .

"God , you're drunk.. and you haven't even eaten dinner yet" he said as he picked my body up from the couch to i'm guessing the guest room , all was blurry and slow , he tucked me into bed as he pulled the sheets up to my spent body.

"Rob , if you don't mind .. take Daisy out for dinner please.."   i said quietly hoping he'll hear it , while my eyes halfway closed.. God i feel like a bad mum who can't handle her problems ....i hope i'm not , i mean .. it's normal right?? to have a little breakdown sometimes .. we all need a little breaking down and build ourselves again.

"of course i don't .. i'll bring you something too ..get some sleep , i know you need one" he said as he smiled and close the door softly behind him

---------

Gabriel's POV

i followed her to some man's home which i know nothing about , she walked in hand in hand with Daisy .. i saw the man hugging and pulling Daisy to his embrace .. who is this guy?? why is he so close the her?

my veins feel like burning watching them , i waited for them from my car , here i am again back to stalking her ., watching in her laying in someone's couch with her head to some Man's shoulder.

my blood boil watching his arms around her body ..
who the hell he thinks he is??
i saw Stella put another glass to her lips probably the third time ...i can see from her behavior that she's stressed out ,.and this guy is taking full advantage of my baby while she's almost out wasted.. and it kills me that i can do nothing about it or maybe i am the cause of it .

but, i feel responsible for Daisy and for her ultimately .. i need to make it right with her .
i need to have her back with me .
i know deep in my heart she still has feelings for me and no amount of things or effort this guy make has can be enough to make her happy .

i'm not delusional .. i know she loves me still though she hates to admit it .

i wont use force on her like last time .. i need her to know that i have change for good and i did it all for her and who knows?...
maybe fate may be kinder to us this time .

Daisy needs her father , though i had to admit i feel a pang of jelousy in me watching that guy pick my kid up to him ..i need to do my research if i want to play this right .

---------

Author's note

here's another update guys ..
so sorry for the delay .. i was kinda busy lately .. but , i was free enough to write today ..
keep on voting , it motivates me to write more 😊😊😊
and i'll be sure to always update for you 😊
hope you liked this chapter .

thankyou babes 🌹🌹