Chapter 8

Stella's POV

Soon i woke up and Daisy was still soundly asleep by my side , 

i silently move her all cuddled body from mine and step out of the bed slowly , not wanting to wake her yet , i went for a shower after and prepare some side meals and pasta for Robert when he'll be coming in an hour ..

then i went up to Daisy's room again and wake her slowly and of course as usual , she whines and almost started crying .. she always threw a tantrum every time i wake her up ..and me as usual ,just trying to reason with her and she slumped out of the bed and walk with her head down as if it was such a big problem for her to get in the bath tub , i smiled to myself while watching her walked to the bathroom , which i have already prepared for her with all the warm water and bath bubbles and all her rubber duckies .

soon after i bathe Daisy , i dressed her up in her cute pink dress as she goes down to the living room and watch some Disney movies , while i set up the dinner plates for us , as if on cue it's seven , and the doorbell rings .. i instantly know it was Robert as i peek through the peep hole and Daisy cheerfully stood up from where she was sitting to the door and open the door for Robert . 

'HI DAISY!" Robert greeted Daisy who opens the door for him

"hi Robbbieeee~~" Daisy greeted back showing all her perfect small teeth 

"hey ,," i said as Robert leaned in to hug me and i hugged him back ,, it's a friend type of hug so yeah no big deal ..

"hi .. i brought us some chicken alfredo , it's someone's favorite i hear " Robert said while hinting to Daisy as we all walked in and i closed the door behind us

"Yeaaayy , thank you Robbie" she smiled as she took the food package from Robert's hand 

"Thankyou Robert" i said to him smiling as i crouched to Daisy's level and took the food from her hand to prepare it for the table .

"dinner mummy dinner!!" Daisy yelled as Robert helped her to get on the seat and she took the spoon and fork in her hand as if waiting for a big appetite .

"yes baby , here you go .. " i said as i set the chicken alfredo on the table , the dish goes well with all the meals i prepared for them

" oh Robert , help yourself .. thanks again" i said as i sat down and he smiled at me as he took some portions for himself

"always a pleasure dear" he smirks ..
"well .. bon appétit everyone" he continues as he clapped his hands together and started eating as i and Daisy did too ..

---

after dinner , Daisy went back to the living room to continue watching her cartoons as i washed the dishes .

i hear Robert's footsteps behind me

"you seem a bit quiet tonight.." he told me with his silvery voice .

"yeah .. i'm sorry , i just need to tell you something" i told him as i turn my body to face him while drying both of my hands to the napkin beside me .

"Gabriel was here" i stated as i watched Robert's eye went wild .

"What the?-- you should've called me
!!! he could've hurt you!! did he hurt you?!!"   he almost yelled at me while coming closer to me checking my face with hind fingers to see if there was any bruises , his eyes studied my face seriously looking for the bruises ... which is non-existent .

"no Robert .. he did not do anything to me .. he just wanted to see Daisy" i explained to him .

"and you let him ??! -- Oh my God Stella !! how could you?!! do you know how little this guy deserve your attention or even a chance?!!"
he half yelled at me while holding both of my shoulders in place while i try to move away from his grip.

"well .. he is Daisy's father Robert .. i can't just wiped that off!" i argued back

"i should've called the police the moment you told me he stepped in your office!" he seethed to me

"he's not even a real father to Daisy Stella, .. where was he the whole time ??  i was there for you ! i was always there for Daisy!! " he continued , i can see the hurt in his eyes as he breathlessly stared at me ...his shoulder heaved up and down as his knuckles turn white as he formed a fist .

"you know i didn't mean it like that .. i just thought.. it'd be nice for Daisy to know her father .. and he's changed Robert .." i told him trying to calm him down .. he looked at me putting his fingers on his chin as he chuckled darkly to me

"you know what ? he treated you like shit .. he really does .. but, you gave him a chance anyway .. you're insane!   and i was here the whole time thinking i would always have a chance with you .. i love you and you know that !.. but,you couldn't see what's really good for you"  he said as he walked out of the kitchen and i chased after his sped off walk.

"Robert please .. you know i'm not rea---" i said but he cut me off

"ready?.. you're never ready for me Stella ...but, you're always ready for him .. do me a favor , visit a psychiatrist for me ?" he said as he looked at me shooting daggers to my eyes ..
he looked at Daisy who was staring dumbfoundedly at us ..but , mainly at Robert .

"i have to go" Robert told us

"but , we haven't even played yet Robbieee" Daisy said as she walked towards Robert but , i held her by my side

"it's okay Daisy .. he's just not feeling well tonight" i told Daisy quietly

"sometimes opening your eyes to the truth hurts so much that you have to live with the lies you've been telling yourself ...you have no idea of how much this is hurting me" he said to me softly as he put his hand to my face caressing it softly

"Robert .. please ..you don't have to go" i told him , my eyes starting to tear and i just let it fell down my cheeks .. all his words sinks in deep into me .. and it was all the truth .i hurt him .. i can seee it clearly , i hurt him .. i feel so down right now i couldn't even know how to beg him to just stay .

his eyes softens as he looked at me but he continued to walk away and drive away in his car as i closed the door behind me .. holding in my sobs because i did't want Daisy to see me break down in front of her .