Chapter 5

Stella's POV

I woke up to a bright sun , i think i overslept , i don't remember a thing after passing out on Robert's couch , i went out of the room with still apparently my overused blouse since yesterday , i must look like crap right now.

"look who's up?" i hear Robert's voice from his dining room , he's making egg and bacon from the sound and smell of it .

"haha .. very funny Robert" i said as i sat down on the dining table after grabbing myself some tea.

"mummy! mummy! mummy!!" Daisy excitingly said as she ran to the dining room half dressed .

" oh , daisy .. you're gonna make Audrey have a heart attack.... a handful isn't she?" i laughed and eyed the house maid Audrey on the corner of the room running after Daisy with a dress in her hand , trying to make Daisy get dressed .

"oh ..nothing  i didn't enjoy miss..c'mon Daisy let's get you dressed" Audrey said as she laughed as she finally caught Daisy and Daisy playfully trying to struggle.

"i tried to wake you for dinner last night , but, you're out like a light.. " Robert said as he slides the bacon down from the frying pan to the plate in front of me and i smiled at him

"it's alright , thanks for taking care of Daisy last night ..what did you get her this morning anyway ? she's so unusually hyper right now" i raised my eyebrows to Robert who sat right across me and he smile slyly .. i knew it , . he has a bad habit of spoiling Daisy with random sweets .

"just some cakes and candies Stel" he smiled ..

"oh Robert ..for breakfast??  she's having a sugar rush right now , thanks a bunch" i sarcastically replied to him and he nodded to me grinning showing his dimples.

"you're always welcome" he said as we both finished our breakfast.

"i should go home after this , " i told him

" no.. no ..i promised Daisy i would take us to the ice cream parlor after this .. c'mon let's have fun .. you know you both needed some"    Robert said as he crouched down to my sitting position and rest both of his elbows on the dining table so he is really looking at me.

"i looked like this , haven't taken any shower since like yesterday morning .. and i got no clothes to change to " i explained to him

"i got some clothes ..and you can take shower here " he said

"by clothes .. you mean your baggy pants and loose shirts? i like it,  no offense..but, if we're going out ..then  no thanks" i told him as i jumped off the chair 

"by clothes , i mean .. like real clothes , it was my sister's .. she had some sense in fashion if that's  what you're saying" he said as he led me to his room and i followed behind him as he opened his walked in closet and take out his sister's striped blouse and some pants

"thanks " i said to him as i stepped in to the guest room again and took a nice shower , it feels good .. feeling the water glides down my skin ..i scrubed my self clean from a toxicating night i got myself into and changed into the fresh clothes Robert gave me .

after i got downstairs seeing both Robert and Daisy are ready to go .. we went to the ice cream parlor , where Robert spoils Daisy with as many topping she likes , she doesn't put out her glee for the whole day .. and i was having fun , watching Daisy being so happy Makes me happy too, and Robert is doing a pretty good job of being , well ...being Robert.
we played all day .. after the  ice cream parlor , we went to the park , which includes Daisy playing the swing and slides for hours and me and Robert watching her from the parents bench .

"we have to do this every weekend" Robert said as he looked at me with his deep caramel eyes .

" i'm sure we'll manage" i smiled to him

then as the moment sinks in .. he leans foward to kiss me , i think .. he held one of his hands on my chin the way Gabriel used to do ..and i find myself leaning into Robert by thinking of Gabriel .. then i was snapped out of the trance i was in and move my face to the side so he just kissed the corner of my lips to my cheeks .

"i'm sorry Robert , i don't think i can---i'm not --" i said strugglinv as the words stubbled out of my lips

"you're not ready , i know ... for how long?? you're so afraid of taking chances .. it's not that you're not ready ...it's that you're afraid .. i know you Stella .. i know you like the palm of my hand , and when you finally find something to be happy for , you back out of it as if you were cowering ...i'm telling you this .. i can make you happy , and you never have to be afraid of me ..and i can make Daisy happy .. you know that , deep inside your heart , you know that.. so , why wont you let me in?""   he said sounding breathless after he finished and looking deeply into my eyes

"you have no idea how much i just want to say that i want you back, but for now .. i don't think i can Rob , i'm so sorry .. you're such a good guy , i can't hurt you.. but for now .. this is all i can say" i told him softly as i held his hand in mine making circular pattern in his palm as i held it .

"it's alright ..... one day " he said as he stood up smiling at me and pulling me up from the bench and pick up Daisy at the playground as Robert drove us back home

as he pull over at our driveway we said our goodbyes and thanks as i picked up a very sleepy daisy in my arms and carried her into our home.

after i set Daisy on her bed and tucked her in , a few moments later there was a knock on my door ..
must be Robert i thought .. maybe he's returning something i left in his house or in his car.. as i hurried down to the front door and opened it a very familiar figure appears with flowers in his hand

"Gabriel.." i muttered quietly suprised of what i'm actually seeing right now .. he can't be here .. he should not be here .. my mind was racing .. and i swear my heartbeat could've explode right now.

"hi" he said not breaking eye contacts

"can we talk?" he said as he handed me the pretty flowers and i nodded him to come in ...why the hell did i let him in?