The 'Accident' ~ Chapter 2~

3rd. POV ~ I wanna try something new

Misty munched on the leftover hay in her stall, bored out of her mind. Spirit, Chica Linda, of course Misty, and Boomerang were all in their respective stalls. Lucky and Abigail sat on the floor, and Pru sat on a barrel. They lazily threw a small red ball to each other. Pru huffed, before deciding to break the silence. "I'm bored." "I know, me too!" Abigail agreed. "There is nothing to do here!"

Abigail lounged on her stomach, looking out the window at the pouring rain. "Wait a minute, I got it!" an imaginary light bulb could be pictured over Prus head as her face lighted up (i'm so punny). Abigail and Lucky sat straight up, listening intently. "Have you guys ever ridden in the rain before?" Abigail's eyebrows furrowed. "Uhhh, isn't it not very safe to ride when it's raining this hard?" Pru shrugged. "We'll be fine, anyways, what else is there to do?" Abigail grudgingly nodded, and Lucky nearly squealed from happiness, glad to be able to un-bordify herself. "What is there's a mudslide on the canyon?" Abigail bit her nails. "We can just not ride by the canyon," Lucky tried to pacify Abigail fears. "Yeah! There's a path going through the forest that I know! But don't tell anyone! It's a secret," Pru butted in, jokingly putting a finger to her lips and making a 'shhh' noise.

Lucky walked over to spirit, opening his stall door, Pru doing the same. "Wait, they'll be cold!" Abigail said. "Where did you put the blankets again?" Abigail asked. Lucky's eyebrows knitted in confusion. "Blankets?" Pru looked over to lucky. "Not literal blankets, they are really big, well, blanket type of things that are made of a really thick fabric. It's waterproof and keeps them warm during the winter." Pru explained. Abigail stood clutching to Boomerang. Pru dug through a big box, pulling out two blankets, one teal one which she put on the stall wall of Chica Lindas stall, and a dark purple one which Abigail put on Boomerang. Abigail threw the blanked onto Boomerang, letting out a puff of air, bending over and stretching her hands on her knees. "Man those things are heavy!" Lucky watched Abigail closely as the clipped the two straps crossing over Boomerangs stomach together, latching the blanket on, Pru mimicking Abigail's actions. "Here, Spirit can have this one," Pru said, handing Lucky a deep red burgundy blanket. Lucky threw the blanket on with some struggle, but ultimately, getting the blanket on. Pru snickered from the corner, making Lucky glare at her jokingly. "I'm new at this!" Pru raised her hands in defense, laughing happily. "Sorry!" Lucky let out her own small giggle too.

Misty looked at the girls with a quizzical expression on her face. Well. these guys certainly are... interesting, she thought. "Oh! Misty, we completely forgot about you!" Pru rummaged through the old trunk again, before pulling out a light pastel pink, which complimented my freckled coat. I nickered in delight, as she put the warm blanket on me. "One question," Lucky intervened. "How will you guys put tack on over the blankets?" "You don't!" Abigail said nonchalantly. Lucky shrugged. I never use tack anyways, she thought. Abigail and Pru threw the bridles on their horses, and everyone pulled on their own raincoats.

The girls threw open the doors to the barn, met by the gushing rain. They shut the barn doors, attempting to keep the warmth in the barn preserved. "Wow, it's really pouring out here!" Lucky exclaimed. "I know!" Abigail agreed.

-switching to Misty's POV-

I watched as Pru skillfully swung herself onto her tall horse Chica Linda, and Abigail sprawled onto Boomerang, Lucky doing the same with Spirit. They started walking down the road, heading towards the forest. Abigail pointed to a large house, with a bored looking girl sitting by the window. "Awww, she looks so lonely," I looked to where she was pointing, to see Maricela. I let out a loud neigh, hoping to catch her attention. She looked up, catching the eye of the girls, and throwing the glass door open, leaning on the balcony. "Where do you think you're going?" she interrogated. "Uhh! Were just-" Abigail cut Pru off. "Going for a ride in the forest!" Pru glared at Abigail. "Uhh- I mean were... uh...ehem" Abigail cleared her throat awkwardly. "Is that the new horse?" "Yeah. That's our horse." "Oh please! Your father only said you could keep in in the barn, not that he is actually yours!" Maricela laughed. Pru scoffed, "Not like you would even want to ride her ever! You hate horses!" "What? No I don't! I just- they- your so... rambunctious with them!" "Well how else are you going to act around horses?" Lucky laughed. Maricela sputtered, before turning on her heal and stomping back into her room, and slamming the doors shut. The girls giggled, walking on with their horses. "It's so empty!" Abigail said astounded. "Well I mean, it's raining... why would anyone want to go outside?" Lucky deadpanned. "Well I mean, if you wanted to get some water! I mean, how much more fresh can water get?" Pru rolled her eyes.