The Auction ~Chapter 3~

3rd POV

A buff man led Misty by a rope around her neck to the front of a courtyard crowded by people. The announcer spoke on a microphone to the crowd "Alrighty folks, here we have a nice mustang mare. As you can see she has a white coat with small brown freckles, she is quite the stunner!" The crown looked at Misty, inspecting her carefully. "Alright, let's start the bid. Starting at 500 dollars, 600 dollars, do we have higher? 1000 dollars! 1500 dollars can we get higher?" The spokesperson looked at the crown to see if anyone would bid higher.

The announcer continued spouting higher prices from his mouth. Misty tuned out, looking off into the crown.

Wait what?

She saw Lucky running with Maricela, Pru, and Abigail. A woman shot her hand up with a small board. "Going for 10,000, do we have anything higher?" He paused for a moment. "Going once, going twice, so-" "50,000 dollars!" Misty heard a familiar voice shout from the crown. She looked back, catching a hand waving a bidding sign. The hand was attached to none other than Maricela. "50,000 dollars! Going once, twice, sold! To the girl in the purple!" Misty snorted quietly, her nostrils vibrating in a low sound. Maricela smiled a little as the man led the horse to her. Maricela stuck her hand out with a chunk of solid gold. A look of surprise edged onto the mans face, "That's quite a bit of money for a horse, young lady." the man laughed as he handed Maricela Misty, grabbing the chunk of gold.

Lucky walked next to Maricela, as Spirit walked up. Lucky hopped on Spirit, walking alongside Maricela. It baffled Maricela to a large extent how Lucky could just jump onto her horse like that. "It took a few months, if you were wondering." Lucky laughed. "It's not easy, it took a lot of work, believe me, I was the one who did it!" "Right... anyways! It's not like I would ever need to get on like that! Any civilised person would just use a mounting block." Lucky rolled her eyes, walking away. "Alright then, goodluck!" "Wait! No, you-you can't leave me! What am I supposed to do with her?" Lucky threw a last glance at Maricela, "She has her own stall at the stable, you can figure the rest out!" Maricela pouted, stopping by a small coral and letting Misty loose in it. Misty stood at the gate of the coral stock still just staring at Maricela. "Go on! Run, do your horse thing." Misty snorted, pushing Maricela with her nose. "Hey! I'll have you know this is a very expensive dress!" Misty nickered, pushing Maricela harder this time, them trotting around the coral before stopping again by Maricela. "Oh, I see. You want me to chase you? Well, these shoes aren't made for running." Maricela stared at Misty, a silence consuming between them until Maricela gave in. "Fine! Only for a minute, I have other things to do!" Maricela ungracefully hopped over the fence. "What now? You just want me to run after you?" Misty huffed, running at Maricela. "Hey! Wait what? No!" Maricela ran away, "This was not the plan!" Maricela laughed, still running away. Misty neighed loudly, a horse version of a laugh. Maricela tripped and fell, her dress covered in brown dust and dirt. "Oh! You horse, now my dress is ruined!" Misty stepped backwards hanging her head. "Ugh!" Maricela quickly put on Misty's halter (backwards if you were wondering) and yanked the lead rope. Maricela stomped through the stable with Pru and Abigail grooming their horses with confused expressions as they saw Maricela stalk in dragging Misty. She took off her halter, hung it on her stall and stomped away. Pru laughed turning to Misty, "I take it that it didn't go so well did it?" Misty snorted in response, eating an apple that Abigail held in her palm towards her. "Well, I hope she warms up to you Misty, you seem like a great horse to ride!" Misty neighed, agreeing with her, before eating some hay in her stall.

Who knows, maybe Maricela will warm up to Misty, until then, this is going to be a long few months.

Sorry for the short chapter!

I'm really sorry I haven't been updating for a LONG time. I really want to update more, I just have a lot on my plate at the moment. I will try to get updates done sooner, but right now I can't really promise anything. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this small chapter, comment if you have any ideas on where the story is going and if you have any ideas on where it should go. BUH BYE!