Not that bad after all ~Chapter 5~

3rd POV:

Maricela held her head up high as she marched into Misty's stall with determination. She wore her brand new and clean riding outfit that her dad bought her. It had a dark wine purple colored riding blazer with white pants and black boots. She strutted towards Misty's stall with her head held high and spoke, "Alright! Today I am going to ride you! Be a good horse alright?" Maricela blinked, "Oh why am I even talking to a horse?" Misty snorted as Maricela giggled quietly, patting her nose. "Now... where do they keep the tack?" Maricela tapped her lips in thought.

She looked down to the end of the barn, seeing a brightly colored green and yellow room. She walked towards it, seeing some saddles inside. "Is this where the tack is?" She asked."Oh... that's where our tack is." Pru shriveled her nose at Maricela. "You can use the spare rooms tack." Pru pointed to another room in the right corner of the barn before she turned away. "Oh, I knew that perfectly well! I was just... umm. Anyways!" Maricela disappeared in the small room of the barn with a frown on her face before coming back out with a saddle.

Misty looked at Pru with slightly squinted eyes, why she being so rude?

Maricela emerged from the room with disgust plastered on her face. She held the saddle out far away from her as she sucked in a deep breath and blew on the saddle. All the old dust that was on it went flying off in one big cloud.

"There, here is the saddle!" Maricela placed the light brown saddle and bridle, as well as a light pink pad on the stall door. Maricela grimaced as she wiped the saddle clear of the excess dust, shrieking when she touched a cobweb. She breathed out a shaky 'oh' before smoothing out her new clothes. "Well, no matter... I'll be getting a new saddle next week anyways." She said, trying to make light out of the situation as Lucky snickered while feeding Spirit an apple.

Maricela swiftly placed the pad and saddle over Misty's back, but hesitated with the sinch. "Do you know how to do that? Here, I'll show you!" Maricela let out a 'hmph' but let Abigail show her how to finish tacking Misty. "Then with the bridle, you just want to slide it over her nose and ears, then your done!" Abigail stepped back and let Maricela take Misty.

"Abigail! Let's go!" Pru said from the door, mounting Chica Linda before the three girls took off.

Maricela said a small thanks as she watched them gallop off, grabbing Misty's reins and leading her out of the barn. She put her foot in the stirrup, grabbing the saddle with her hands. She pulled herself up in the stirrup with a struggle, eventually managed slide herself into the saddle without too much trouble.

"Huh! I guess I'm better at this than I thought!" Maricela smiled to herself, before nudging Misty to a walk. "Whoa!" Maricela said nervously as she wiggled around in her seat from the walking motion. This was all very new for her.

Misty whinnied in a laugh. "Hey! It's not funny, I've never ridden a horse before!" Maricela scowled, trying to hide the smile that was edging onto her face. Misty snorted, picking up a steady trot. "Hey, stop! Where do you think your going?" Maricela shrieked, gripping Misty's mane for support as she clutched to the reins. Misty whinnied lightly, trying ease Maricela's panic.

Maricela's face turned sour as she heard laughs in the distance.

Misty's ears swiveled to the side, listening to the laughs as she began to trot faster, turning her head to look at Maricela's surprised face.

Misty turned back around, her eyes squinting. She was gonna show them how Maricela could ride. Misty picked up a canter, making Maricela yell out in shock. "W-whoa girl, come on, easy now!" Maricela's voice shook as she spoke.

Misty snorted, breaking into a flat out gallop. Maricela screamed, clutching to Misty's mane as she leaned forwards, pressing her face into the side of her neck.

Misty whinnied, turning her head to look back at Maricela with a small horsey smile on her face. "Wo-ah-" Maricela stuttered as she slowly began to sit back up straight again. She loosened the grip on Misty's mane as she breathed in deeply, watching as the trees flew past her.

"Whoa..." Maricela said quietly, awe-struck. She let out a small laugh, a smile breaking onto her face. Misty whinnied, galloping faster as they broke the tree line and ran out by the clay dirt plains.

"Who-hoo!" Maricela yelled in excitement as the pair ran, small puffs of dust raising from the dirt.

Maricela looked to the side, seeing Lucky, Pru, and Abigail all sitting there on their horses with their jaws gaping. Maricela smiled smugly, looking back ahead as she let Misty's mane go, now only holding the reins in her hand.

After a few minutes Misty slowed to a stop by the edge of a canyon. She lowered her head, breathing heavily.

Maricela's weight shifted as she tried to get off. She managed to successfully swing one leg across the saddle, laying on her stomach to drop down. She slid off the saddle, but tripped and fell on her butt with an 'oof'. Misty nickered in a quiet laugh, leaning her head down and nudging Maricela.

Maricela sighed, patting Misty's head. "I guess you're not that bad after all..." She smiled, turning to look at the sky.

Your not that bad either... Misty thought, lifting her head back up and letting out a long sigh.

I'm on a roleeeeee!

Just a heads up I will not be updating over the weekend because I'm going on vacation, but I'll try to have a new chapter published by Wednesday the 5th