New Girl In Town ~Chapter 9~

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've last posted. Before I get into the story, I want to thank those of you who have stuck with me through my crazy unorganized uploading schedule. This chapter will be short, however, I thought it was best to have this than one now than a have longer one a few months later.

I hope you enjoy it! There is more to come.

_________________________

It was official: Lori Henderson was coming to Miradero. Everyone knew about it and the town was buzzing in anticipation of the famous new arrival. Banners were put up above the train station and even Mayor Gutierrez was there to greet her.

Lucky, Pru and Abigail had managed to push their way to the front of the crowd where they waited eagerly. People could hardly contain their excitement as the train came chugging up the railroad, eventually screeching to a slow halt. The train let out a final gush of wind and finally, the doors opened.

A petite blonde woman stepped out, her hair tied neatly in a bun. The PALS eyes were wide in awe as they watched her. Lori appeared to be just as surprised as them when she saw what seemed to be the entirety of Miradero watching her. She stood on the platform, too shocked to move or say anything.

It was a good thing that before the situation could turn too awkward, Maricela came marching out from the crowd and straight up to Lori.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance. I am Maricela Gutierrez, your new prodigy, I hope," she smiled proudly, holding out her hand.

Lori shook her hand, thankful for the conversation. "Yes, I remember we talked. Or wrote, I suppose.. It's good to finally meet you in person, Maricela. I'm excited to teach you and Misty," she smiled politely.

"Marvelous!" Maricela clapped her hands together before a frown made it onto her face. "Though I should warn you, the barn I keep my horse in is owned by these three other rather chaotic-"

"Lori Henderson!" A high pitched voice screamed.

"Speak of the devil," Maricela sighed.

"Oh my gosh, is it really you? My name's Abigail and I'm a huge fan of yours!" Abigail gushed. "I have like... at least five posters of you in my room!" She giggled, bouncing up and down.

Pru butted into the conversation. "And, if I may say, you were amazing at the state championship last year! The name's Pru, by the way." She grinned, proud of her knowledge.

Lori rubbed her hands nervously. "Well, it's nice to meet you both. I'm sure there will be more time for-"

"Oh! Can I please show you around town?" Abigail begged. "There is so much you have to see and so little time to show it to you!" Abigail motioned with her hands.

Lucky stepped next to her two friends, wincing uncomfortably. "Abigail, maybe you should wait a bit. You don't want to scare her away right when she gets here."

"Scare her? The only reason she should be scared is because Mr. Winthrop is having a sale on ice cream and we're missing it! Now let's go before it's all gone!" She squealed, dragging Lori away by her arm.

Maricela blinked as Lori was whisked away in an instant. A smile made its way to her face as she began to make her way back to her house.

Now that there was a real riding instructor, she would be the best in all of Miradero. Perhaps even in the entire county! And one thing was for sure: Maricela and Misty were destined for greatness.