7.Trouble in the Paradise

While they were returning back to their home, Pari spoke "Daddy i know what's your surprise."

"What is it honey?"

"Pari we've decided that we'll let that be a surprise. I hope you remember." Nayonika prevented her from speaking further. Suddenly Nayonika recieved a call from one of the servants of the house.

"Yes Raghu, tell."

On hearing the servant from the other end, Nayonika almost got a shock.

"What? She's back from the temple so soon?" Nayonika exclaimed. Hurriedly she cut the call.

"Mom what's wrong?" Manik asked. Ignoring him Nayonika questioned.

"Driver, is there any garment store nearby?"

"I'm sorry ma'am but we've crossed all the stores, and are just about to reach the mansion."

"Oh gosh, now only Lord can save you Nandini." Nayonika exclaimed.

"Mom will you tell what's the matter?" Manik almost yelled irately whilst Pari giggled.

"Yeah mom, any problem?" Nandini asked .

"You will get know in a span of few seconds." This was all Nayonika replied as they reached the mansion.

Sighing in confusion, Manik and Nandini along with the Nayonika and Pari got down. As they stepped inside, they heard a bold female voice welcoming them.

"Bua dadi!" Manik exclaimed happily.

"Manik beta..." Manik hugged the lady.

She was Sushmita Rai, sister of Manik's grand father

She was Sushmita Rai, sister of Manik's grand father. She's an extremely orthrodox woman who firmly believes in all the conservative traditions, superstitions etc. She's a loquacious and loud woman and never contempaltes before insulting anyone. The words that escape her mouth stike as hard as an arrow.

Her husband passed away due to some health problem and since then she goes on piligrimage for few months and few months she spends at Malhotra mansion. She has no child of her and that's the reason she's extremely attached to Manik. Even Manik treats her equal to his mom. After Manik someone whom she cares for was Nidhi, as she was her bestfriend's grand daughter.

Since she misssed out Manik and Nandini's wedding she came here to meet Nandini.

"Daadi bua kaise ho aap?"

"Hum theek hai beta. Aap kaise hai?"

"Aap aagayi hai toh mein toh aur bhi acha ho gaya hu."

"Kahan hai aapki patni?"

"Oh, here she. Nandini meet dadi bua and dadi bua this is Nandini." Manik introduced them.

"Namaste dadi bua." Nandini bent down to take her blessing but she stepped back. On seeing Nandini ,Sushmita stared at her with a flared nose. Nandini was confused.