17. Kiss of Trust😙

*Further Chapters are PRIVATE!

Malhotra house was all decked up, off course it had to be after all its diwali, Manik's favourite festival, and even it was the first time Nandini will be making an appearance as a Malhotra, beacuse there wedding was a low profile affair including only close relatives.
Well this year Nayonika took care of all the preparation herself beacuse its Nandini's first festival with Malhotra's. Nayonika had motherly intuition that Nandini is the one, she'll bring Manik out of darkness, and she had whole heartedly accepted her!

Nandini took the lehenga given by Nayonika and went back upstairs. Opening the door, she dashed right inside only to bump into Manik.

She at once took a step backwards as her eyes traced his tall slender figure

She at once took a step backwards as her eyes traced his tall slender figure. How sinfully hot he looked in that white customized sherwani. He being a father of 5 year old , still have the charms to flatter any girl! Her reverie was broken by the smirk that appeared on his face, as she tore her gaze from him and walked past him to get ready.

 He being a father of 5 year old , still have the charms to flatter any girl! Her reverie was broken by the smirk that appeared on his face, as she tore her gaze from him and walked past him to get ready

"Thank God it's him. I thought it's someone else." She thought and got back to what she was doing but Manik stood there frozen on his spot, his eyes fixed on his wife who looked breathtakingly beautiful in the beige colour designer lehenga choli which fit her perfectly. He just came to tell her that Nayonika will get Pari ready, but here leave the words, even his breathe was stuck in his throat .

She wasn't beautiful in the modern way with heavy makeup and jewellery but in her ordinariness, she was stunning. Only missing thing was her smile which radiated from within her that rendered peace to him. He also knew, he was the one who stole it from her.

Unable to tie the dori, she let out a frustrated sigh, letting her hands down and glanced at the door only to find Manik rooted there with his gaze fixed on her, sending shivers down her spine.

"Do you need help?" He finally asked and she meekly nodded having no other choice. He went to her and hesitantly got hold of the strings on each side, slowly tying them. His cold fingers brushed with her skin and she could actually feel butterflies fluttering around in her stomach as she gripped the sides of her lehenga. Once done, he gently held her by her shoulders, she could feel the heat of his body warm hers and he could hear the soft whisper of her breath as she exhaled. His soft brown eyes already locked with her doe shaped eyes. Though he was gazing her intently but some softness was there in them, as if trying to convey his apology. He slowly ran his fingertips down her forearm, entwined their hands leaving a trail of goosebumps blooming in their wake and wrapped her hands around her waist along with his, taking her in a back hug. He leaned forward and placed his chin on her shoulder.