28. Confrontation with 'LOVE'

"How could you do this Nidhi? Fine you told her, but you should've at least informed me about it." Manik almost yelled at her.

"I'm sorry but I was bound by Nandini's promise of not telling you anything unless you try to know about it."

"Oh god. Now hurry up. I need to reach home as soon as possible."

"Yeah, let's go."

After dropping Nidhi and driving at an insane speed limit he reached his house. He threw the keys towards the watchman indicating him to park the car and rushed inside. He found Nandini playing with Pari.

"Nandini can you come upstairs with me? I need to talk to you.", Manik asked calmly considering Pari's presence.

"I'm busy." Came a stern reply from her.

"It's important Nandini, please.", He knew it was useless to use an orderly tone infront of Nandini Malhotra! So he pleaded.

"Fine." Saying this she got up and proceeded towards their room without a word.

Once they reached their room he bolted the door from inside. He made Nandini sit on the bed and knelt down before her. He clasped her hands in his and tried to speak something but words betrayed him. She looked at him with an unknown expression but it was surely not anger filled one.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"For what?" She asked in a whisper.

"I'm sorry for hiding things from you. I know it wasn't the best thing to do but it was the best thing I could do to keep you away from danger."

After a brief moment of silence, Nandini spoke "It hurts Manik. It hurts so much knowing that you couldn't confide in me. There were a lot of opportunities when you could've told me. You could've told me in our bedroom when we were alone. Who would overhear our conversation? "

"Don't even think about it. I trust you much more than I do myself. I was just taking some precautions. Nandini I know you, mujhe pata hai if you would've known tum Ravesh ke paas jaati and you don't know, he is a psychotic case. Wo pagal hai, that day when we were in the office and I received a call, it was from him, he had sent goons behind Pari. Mein dar gaya tha, tum dono ko nahi kho sakta. I cannot afford to lose you. Jaan ho tum meri, how can I risk your life. I don't want to lose you. You are way too special in my life Nandini. And without you I'm nothing.", he confessed with genuinely. Conveying her that even he was hurt but nothing matters for him more that her!

"I know you care for me but it hurts a lot to know that you were hiding something with me. It hurts a lot knowing that you were with someone else before our marriage. It hurt a lot thinking that you are going to be a father of someone else's child. It hurts a lot." Saying this she started sobbing. He immediately pulled her into a hug to which she kept on hitting his chest , conveying him how much it hurted her, letting out all the pain.

"Nandini stop crying. I'm sorry I made you cry a lot. But I promise that now there will not be any more tears in your eyes. I can't bear the sight of you crying. Please stop crying love." At the word 'love' both of them froze. It felt as if the world around them has stopped. Nandini slowly pulled back and stared at him wondering if she heard it correct.

On the other hand Manik was astonished with himself. He knew he had feelings for Nandini but Love? He haven't given a thought to it uptill now. But now he knew that he is irrevocably in Love with his girl, that's why he can't bear a scratch on her. A small smile crept on his face when realization hit him.

"What did you say?" Nandini asked in disbelief.

"Love! I addressed you as love? Do you have any problem with that?" He asked with a smile. Nandini nodded in negation. Her cheeks turned into a light shade of red, as her gaze went to everywhere except him.