Chapter twelve; plumeria

I slowly started to wake to the sunshine blasting in my eyes. I turned to my side and looked at River, he was lightly snoring, not an obnoxious snore but a soft, innocent snore.
a strand of his hair was across his face, and I gently tucked it behind his ear.
his eyes peeled open, "Goodmorning beautiful."
he grabbed my hand a brought it up to his lips and lightly placed a kiss on it.
he looked into my eyes and I just admired his perfection for a few minutes. Every now and then, his thumb rubbing my hand.
"I love being with you, Blue. You bring out the best in me and make me feel like I can do anything." he said lifting our hands in the air and breaking the hold, he moved his hand down my arm and grabbed my waist, and pulled me closer to him.
"Me too." I smirked, crinkling my nose. My head nuzzled comfortably into his warm chest and he held me for, must've been an hour.
Until my alarm on my phone went off.
I looked up into his glossy eyes and wanted so desperately to kiss him.
so i did.
I brought my lips to his and he responded by a small smile and his cheeks flushed pink.
I couldn't help but giggle a bit.
"what's so funny." he said, as i sat up.
"Nothing, your just cute." I said stroking my hand through his short blonde hair.
I got up and put on some clean clothes.
"We better get going, you should change your clothes." I said.
I was brushing my hair in the mirror and in the corner of my eye I saw him laying on his side, using his arm to prop himself up on the bed. "What are ya starin' at me for." I said as I turned around now facing him with an eyebrow arched.
He looked at me so lovingly and just smiled. "Nothing."
I shook my head and flashed a grin.
-
We walked out the door together and River put his arm around my shoulder and turned me so I was facing him. "I have to go Blue, I'll meet you later for lunch?"
I nodded and he held my hand, kissed my cheek, then he left.
I joyfully trotted down the halls and into the dining area. Keanu greeted me with a big smile and a warm hug. I could smell the cigarette smoke on him.
"Hey B, wanna hangout for a bit?"
"Sure!" I said.
He lead me outside and we started to walk along the street. Mindless chit chat. Keanu has problems, before the whole movie thing he and I were quite close and we used to drink and smoke together..kinda more than we should've.
I was still grieving my mother, but, no excuse.
He pulled out a cigarette, "So-", He lit it. "Have you been coping well..still?" He let out a big puff and handed it to me.
I inhaled.
"I mean, I guess." I handed it back to him. "When I'm with River, I see her-like these weird flashbacks..and I barely smoke around him."
"You know, River used to be into stuff." Keanu looked at me.
"What do you mean, stuff?" We walked across the street and headed into a little breakfast shop.
"Well like more than cigs." He hesitated.
We walked into the shop and sat next to the window. I rested my head on my fist and stared out the window, confused.
"Did he drink too much or." I asked, still looking out, watching the people pass by.
Keanu fiddled with a peeling piece of paint on the pale red table. "He just has an issue with addiction. He's good right now but, He was into pot."
I looked at him.
"He was? That's hard to believe for me..How bad was it.."
"It was bad, i'm not gonna lie, thankfully he go some help to deal with it but one of his best friends ended up dying from weed poisoning. After that, Riv was devastated and hasn't done it since, that was just a little over a year ago." He told me.
A wave of sadness hit me, I felt such empathy for him and I couldn't understand why he wouldn't have told me that before.
-
"Hey I'm at Dave's subs if you still want to get lunch?"
"Oh yeah sure, i'm just wrapping up here, I'll be there soon." River said.
I hung up the phone, and slid it in my back pocket.
I walked into the store and could tell a few people recognized me. I ordered me and Riv a sandwich than sat at a table as I waited.
"Are you Bluebell Louis??" Two boys maybe a year younger than me asked, standing in front of me with a pen and paper.
"Uh yeah, how'd it going. You guys want me to sign that?"
"Please! Your so cool, I love your movie, Pretty In Pink." The slightly shorter boy said with the dark curly hair and green eyes.
"Aw thank you." I signed the paper.
"Yeah your great, and your very pretty." The taller one said with the wavy light brown hair and the brown eyes, his face flushed a light pink.
"Why thank you, you guys are very sweet."
River walked in the door and saw me, he approached me and smiled big.
I got up and gave him a hug. We grabbed the sandwiches and walked to our "spot" the little river behind the trees.
We sat and I took off my shoes. I put my feet in the water and so did he.
"Hey Rio. We should talk."