New Girl In The Neighborhood

Lauren POV

It was different that morning. School was only a week until my sophomore year was coming to an end. And me and my parents are going to move into a new home, a new school, and a new neighborhood.

Honestly, I'm excited to leave my old area. I hated everything about it. The students were the rudest people ever. All the neighbors were so ignorant. Plus I noticed there were a bunch of drug abusers there so I wanted nothing to do with that place.

I didn't feel happy there and my parents knew it.

They knew I had terrible anxiety and how much I was bullied by this girl named Mariah. Bitch

Plus I didn't have any friends!  Well I did have one, but she went behind my back and told everyone my biggest secrets and made up a rumor of me trying to rape her in the restroom.

Like seriously? Who does that?  Why would someone take precious time out of there life to make someone elses miserable?

See why I want to leave?

I was ready to leave and hopefully have a fresh start. I heard that this new school had a great music program that could help me prepare to get an album created and sell. So that's something I'm looking forward too.

I've been singing since I was a little girl. Thanks to my dad who has a great music background. He has really inspired me to do something with my talent. And recently I've started to song write.

The one thing I'm nervous about is my anxiety wanting to take over my body and mess things up for me. It's happened twice already and it wasn't the most pleasant thing to experience if I'm being honest.

On the bright side I knew my friend Dinah Jane was attending to the high school I'm going to so at least I knew someone.

I called her last night and told her the news. She was so excited.I haven't seen Dinah in person because I've only texted her through Instagram. So I was thrilled too. She also told me that she just got off the phone before I called her saying that her best friend was going to attend there as well. Dinah has never mentioned her best friend before, only that her name was Camila... I think?

Whatever though. Maybe I could be friends with her too.

-"Lauren!", my sister Taylor called from across the hall.

-"Yes Taylor?", I shouted back.

-"Are you packed and ready to go?", she said.

-"Yes I'm ready." I said smiling at her. "You look beautiful today little sister! Are those new shoes?", I asked curiously.

-"Yeah they are!  Finally someone noticed. They were on sale and I thought they were cute so I got them.", she exclaimed excitedly.

She was wearing some sparkly sliver converse that looked very cute on her little feet.

-"There perfect for someone like you Tay... that's a compliment by the way.", I said humorously.

-"Aww thanks Lauren, anyway let's go dad is waiting for us in the car.", she informed me.

I nodded and grabbed my suitcase filled with all my clothes. I had already put all of my other boxes in the moving van.

As me and Taylor got outside I already smelled for horrid atmosphere of smoke. Cigarette and marijuana smoke I should say.

-"God I'm so glad we're leaving this place.", I mumbled to myself.

-"You say something Lauren?", my sister asked curiously.