The Visit

Lauren POV

Why does this damn hospital have to be three cities away? Just why? I took almost two motherfucking days of my life away from my friends, the start of school, and Camz for 35 hour drive to come to a damn hospital. What crap is that?

But right now wasn't the time to be shitty and pitty myself from the long drive. There was something important... something wrong was happening and I needed to hear this. Months ago Taylor had gotten into an accident. She still had stuff to unpack when we've literally been living in that house for like three months. And as she was unpacking, her shelf with all her books and pictures she had collapsed on her. Giving her a few cuts and bruises, plus a minor concussion.

Or... that's how it was supposed to seem like.

My parents and Chris have been keeping my updated on what was going on since I couldn't go with them the first time cause my parents insisted I stay and hang out with my friends. I can't complain, but my little sister means a lot to me. Like A LOT. So me not being there to help her was heart aching enough. Apparently, according to a doctor, originally her concussion wasn't to big of a deal so she would be on a few medications, an IV, and wrapped in a bandage around the top of her head. She would be able to leave the hospital after a couple of days. Just to so that the doctors can keep track and collect data from Taylor's injury.

Until, I got an urgent messages from my dad and Chris and a panicked call from mom. I kept asking "what's going? Is Taylor ok?" but they kept ignoring my questions and told me to just come over to the hospital. They said all they know is the night before Taylor could come home she started acting funny and suffered seizures in the process.

Just hearing that drove me fucking crazy. Acting funny? Seizures?! I hurried my ass to pack my things and get in my car to drive to the hospital. None of the hospitals in Miami were open or had room for Taylor so they drove her all the way to Orlando, Florida.

And now I'm here.

I parked the car and hurried my steps into the hospital. I went up to the receptionist desk and was greeted by young dark haired girl with brown eyes.

-"Hello my name is Miss. Lipa. How can I help you?", the girl said with a hint of British accent.

-"Hi I'm Lauren Jauregui. I came to see my sister, Taylor Jauregui.", I spoke a little shaky.

-"Oh ok your cleared then. Taylor's room is on the fifth floor room 596.", the brown eyed girl said with a smile.

-"Thank you", I said smiling back.

I fast walked my way to the elevators, pressing to up arrow and waited for the doors to open. Once they did I went inside and pressed the fifth button. There was music playing in the background, but I was to anxious to even pay attention. I just wanted to see my sister.

The elevator finally rings and opens up to let me out. I searched for room 596 until I stumbled upon it in the way back of the hall near a huge glass window. I took a few moments to gather myself and keep myself composed.

-"Come on Jauregui! Pull your shit together!", I thought to myself.

I knocked on the door a few times to be immediately be welcomed into open arms by my mom. I wrapped her in my arms in a comforting way as she started crying.