Dead Man's Party | Season 01 Episode 03

04. Dead Man's Party

"Hello!" Simon screamed once more, his knuckles a ghostly shade of white, tainting itself in red as he smashed his fists against the golden door again.  "Hello!" he called out.  "Anyone? I'm just an accounting student! I have no value to anyone and I barely saw your faces! If you let me go, I couldn't even identify you!" Simon turned to Corey, panting in both exhaustion and fear.

"Not that anyone would believe you." Corey commented dryly.

Simon lurked to the door, ignoring Corey. "Is anyone there," he asked again.

Corey closed his eyes and tried convinced himself this was all a dream; that he and Simon were safe in his bedroom, simply scaring themselves with a frightening video game. Key word: tried.  "If your goal was to scare the crap out of me, mission accomplished!"

The vampire stepped closer to them, cornering them, but Corey stood tall—not challenging the vampire for himself, but for Simon. He knew Simon and though he played strong, he certainly wasn't and though Corey wasn't nearly as brave as most, he knew one thing: he'd never let anything happen to him.

"Let us go," Simon pleaded from behind Corey. "You don't need us."

"On the contrary," Raphael said, his fangs drawn out like a weapon, "I do."

.      .    .

"Why are we here?" Clary demanded, inviting herself into the room. "We have to go find Simon and Corey!"

"We need a Clave Resolution for that," Alec sated blandly.

"The four of us can't declare war on the vamps all by ourselves," Isabelle amended.

"And we can't react without considering our options." Alec looked to Clary. "Downworlders are slaves to their impulses - we're not."

"Alec, you can't just go down on all the downworlders." Izzy defended.

"Oh, thats right." the eldest Lightwood grinned. "Seelies have their charms apparently." Isabelle turned away, the ghost of a smile on her lips.

"Seelies?" Clary repeated, frowning.

"Like fairies," Jace explained. "Fair Folks, Pixies, Elves. Anybody half angel-half human."

"Izzy can tell you all about them. She has a... thing."

"We've all got our things," Isabelle giggled. "Don't we?"

"Okay," Clary said, backing away. "I can't listen to this. I have to help my friends. I guess I'll just take care of it myself."

"You'll get yourself," Jace called - but Clary didn't stop.  "And your friends killed if you go."

Clary stopped.

.        .       .

"So how does this end?" Simon asked, pacing the room. "Do we get out of here, or what?"