Moo Shu to Go Part 02 | Season 1 Episode 5

"Why do we keep getting kidnapped?" whined Simon, pitifully looking to Corey as though he held the answer.

"Not to be self centered, but I don't think it is you they are after, Simon." snarked Clary, tugging at the strangers hold as he pried the three into a booth.

"Alaric, why are you arresting us? For trespassing?" inquired Clary. "News flash, it was my own apartment."

"We just want a conversation," the man seated nearest to the window clarified.

"Do you always handcuff people you want to talk to you?" asked Simon, gesturing to the metal cuffs chained to his wrists.

"This guy is funny," the man said, his lips curving to a cheshire-cat-like-smile. "I like funny."

"Look"-Alaric looked to Corey, leaning forward-"I know you are scared of Luke. We can help you hide from him. You just need to help us find the Mortal Cup."

Corey's lips remained a thin line, his breathing steady.

"We don't know where it is," Clary answered, gaining the eyes of both men. "Everyone thinks we do, but we don't."

"I am trying to give you both a chance."

"Yeah, but we can't help you. I'm sorry. Now, will you please let us go."

. . .

"Where is Clary?"

Alec could feel himself shrinking at the rising voice of Jace Wayland, but he didn't dare to reveal anything behind the mask he wore. "Gone."

"What do you mean 'gone'?" the Wayland stresses, his eyes absorbing his surroundings as though he'd spot the redhead hiding.

"She, Corey, and the mundane were taken when I was scouting the perimeter." Alec explained, voice blant despite the anxiety creeping within as thoughts of Corey brewed. "It was a unmarked vehicle. I don't know where they were taken." Alec supplied before Jace could voice the question.

"We need to parabotibe track," declared Jace, extending his hand to Alec. As Alec reached for the offered hand, the echo of a ring was calling in the unseen. "That's Corey's phone," Alec acknowledged—eyeing his surroundings, and finding it within the fourth ring.

"Thank the Angel," Alec breathed into the phone. "Are you alright, Corey?" the other Shadowhunters huddled around the Lightwood, leaning in as a fatal attempt to hear.

"Guess again," the mundane—Simon, Alec recalled—spoke.

"Where are you? Is Clary there?" inquired Jace, reaching for the phone.

Alec, unkindly, shoved away his parabotibe's hands. "Corey and Clary are here too, as for where we are, I really don't know. Some Chinese restaurant, I think. We were arrested by some douche, Alaric, but he was totally fake. Corey had realized he was fake when he pulled out his badge, but we couldn't get away. A bunch of his buddies ganged up on us. They think Corey and Clary know where the Cup is. If they don't tell, they're dead."

"Just calm down," spoke the Lightwood, her voice soothing. "Tell is what you see. Help us find you."

"Okay, uh—, uh—, I see lockers and I'm in some sort of torture, um, chamber. There are claw marks all over the walls."

"Werewolves," murmured the Shadowhunters, their voices sync.

"You need to be more specific," urged Isabelle.

"There's nothing else that can— wait! I, I, I'm at the Jade Wolf! The Chinese restaurant on the pier at Green Street."

"You need to create a diversion," notified Jace, leaning in toward the cell. "Stall them."

"How?" spit Simon, his voice bitter. "All I have is a lighter and– and clothes."

"Mundane," the eldest Lightwood exasperated, "start a fire."

"That never works!" argues the Mundane. "Have you ever seen any action movie—"

"We're coming."

. . .

Corey pried himself against the metal wall, his heels sliding against the ground as he fatally attempted to escape Luke's presence. "Corey," Luke breathed out, stepping forward. "I found you."

"S-Stay away from me," Corey said, his voice more begging than anything.

Luke raised his hands in surrender. "Don't be afraid of me," he pleaded. "I'm here to help you." Corey said nothing, but continued to fall further and further away from the man - the word 'betrayal' practically inscripted in his eyes. "You heard what I said at the priest saint, didn't you?" asked Luke, there was no need for nodding, let alone talking, for Luke to know the question was true. "Those were Valentine's people. I had to lie to them to protect you."

"Stop!" Corey raised his stele, his stance wavering.

"You know you can't cast spells with that thing." Luke all but laughed as he stepped forward, the stele broken to two. "You need more training." Luke took Corey by the hands - despite Corey's fight - his body draped over the officer's shoulders as though Corey was weightless. "Do you know where Clary is?"

"Corey!" a voice, neither belonging to them, called from the distance. Before Corey could find the owner of the voice, two darkened figures peared from the shadows. "Corey!" the same voice called again, catching the younger male as Luke's hold fell limp. Corey squirmed for only a moment in the man's arms, only stopping when he realized the hands that held him were Alec's. "Are you okay?" Alec asked, holding Corey for only a moment longer before releasing him.

"Simon," Corey instead said, looking desperately between the parabotibe's. "A-And Clary-"

"Isabelle is helping them," Alec said, reaching for Corey's hand. "We need to go."

. . .

"Corey!"

Corey's quickened steps shortened as he heard his name. "Corey!" the voices called again.

"Simon!" Corey cried out in recognition, "Clary!" Corey raced forward, his hand slipping from Alec's as he raced to his friends with opened arms. "We were so worried," Simon spoke as he pulled away. "Are you okay?" asked Clary, her hands only hovering for a moment.

Corey meekly nodded. "The box, is it at the loft still?" he asked, his eyes fixated on Alec.

"I got it," the shadowhunter nodded. "I didn't screw up everything."

"Great," Simon nodded happily. "Lets get out of here-"

"Wait," Isabelle warned, halting the mundane. "Simon, if I were you, I wouldn't make any fast moves."

"This can't be good," Jace whispered over the low growls as Alec reached out for Corey, pulling him back.

"We're surrounded." Alec acknowleged, reaching for his bow.

"Believe me," Simon gulped, "I'm not going anywhere."