Major Arcana Part 01 | Season 1 Episode 7

"You know what?  I'm going to bring Alec next time.  I don't think he's ever slapped me in the face," Jace declared, nodding confidently at his decision.

Corey sighed, watching with little interest as Clarissa continuously apologized for her plan.  "I  panicked!  I didn't know what else to do!"

"Someone call for backup?" Isabelle asked, she and Alec meeting the trio half way.  "Yeah, what took you guys so long?"

"Funny," Alec drawled dryly, "I was going to ask you the same thing."

"It's complicated," the Wayland defended.  "We found the Cup." Clary broached, peering onward toward Isabelle.

"The Cup?" 

What other Cup would we be searching for? Corey pondered humorously as Clary nodded toward both Lightwoods in confirmation.  "Yeah, but then we lost it.  We have to sneak back into the precinct to get it."

"This is a disaster."

"Hey, demon pox is a disaster.  This is an inconvenience.  That's all."

"What about a glamour?" Izzy advocates, her hands resting against her hips.

"We tried.  Anybody working for Valentine will see right through it," Jace explains, the corner of his lips tugged downward.

"Can we ask Magnus Bane to portal us inside?" Clary proffered, hopeful.

"No."

"That would be awkward." Izzy sucked in a sharp breathe, her eyes met to Alec's in an un-verbal panic.  "I mean—"

"A– Awkward?  Why— Why would it be awkward?" Corey asked, his eyes caught to Alec's.  "Did— Did something, something, uh, happen?" Corey stammered anxiously.  "Not that I care, or anything." the former adds, his cheeks crimson.

"I just mean that Magnus can only portal us to places he has been before." Isabelle elaborated, only sparing a glance at Corey, who was stepping away from the four, phone in hand.

"Corey, where are you?" Simon asks from the other line, his voice trembling.  "This is an emergency.  Somethings wrong, I mean, I haven't been kidnapped today."  Simon remained silent for a moment, as though to see if Corey would speak, but when the latter remained silent, Simon spoke onward.   "I think I'm sick, Core.  Like, like, really sick."

"Simon, I—"

"I wouldn't be calling if it wasn't critical, Corey.  Please.  I need you.  Something is wrong."

Corey found himself nodding, despite the minor fact that the Lewis could not see this action.  "Okay, I'll— hey!"

Corey made to grab for the phone as Alec took the phone from reach.  "The Mundane problem can wait."

"You don't need me here." Corey justifies, his words meek.

"Why wouldn't we need you here?" Clary inquired, turning to meet Corey.  "Are you leaving?"

"Simon is sick.  I need to go."

"It is probably nothing.  Remember the time he thought he had that weird bird disease?  He just needs to stay off the internet."