Raising Hell Part 02 | Season 01 Episode 04

"Clary, we have to move." Jace urged, tugging at the Fairchild's arm—however, the Fray made no attempt in moving. "I need to catch my breath." she stated blandly.

"You know what," Alec spoke, his words like venom on his tongue, "This is just great. Not only did we lose the jewel, but we still don't have the girls memories or—"

"Alec," Jace exasperated, "the girls name is Clary and I highly suggest you keep your voice down."

"Why?" he opposed. "Are you worried I'm going to hurt her feelings? We have risked our lives again and again for this girl, whom we know nothing about, and where has that gotten us?" Alec, seething with anger, stepped forward. "Nowhere."

"God!" Clarissa bellowed, daring a step forward. "What is your problem?" Corey, with little hesitance, layered his hand over Clarissa's, but the redhead pulled away, eyeing Corey narrowly. "Don't try and get me to calm down, Corey! He has treated me like nothing but crap, again and again, and you let him!" Clary took a sharp breathe, tugging her skin-tight dress down. "Are you that desperate for a good blowjob?" Her voice grew smaller and smaller with each word, as though trying to keep from being heard. But Corey heard them clear as day.

"Clary," Jace spoke up, reaching for the trembling girl, "it's going to to be fine."

"No it's not!" Clary exclaimed, slapping his hand away much like she'd done Corey. "People are dying because of me! And Magnus? Magnus will never come back out of hiding again while Valentine is after him and Corey is the only family I had left and I just lost him."

"You still have Valentine."

Corey, his voice strong and firm, looked to Clary—challenging her almost with that single glare. The group grew silent, rattled by Corey's firm words. Nobody made a move. Nobody but Clary, whom approached Corey with a raised hand.

Alec slid himself between the two, catching Clarissa by the wrist seconds before her palm struck Corey. "Let me make this very clear: I know you mundanes are raised with the rule that boys can't hit girls, but that's not how I was raised. I was raised to see Men and Women as equals—so if you so much as lay a finger on him, I will not hesitate to strike you back. Much harder." Alec, roughly, threw away Clary's hand, as though the skin of a woman had burnt him suddenly. "Understand?"

Clary's only response was to bawl harder, throwing herself into Isabelle as though to prove just how mundane she truly was. It wasn't until Corey turned away from Clary, he'd realized he'd been clinging to the fabric Alec's shirt.

"Are you alright?" Alec whispered and despite Corey's lack of verbal answer, Alec still reached for the hand that cling to him and held it. "We need to track Magnus," Alec said, his tone drawn back to normal. "Where is the button?"

Clary, with her nostrils flaring, raised the button and threw it to— at Alec; seething, she spat: "Here."

. . .

"Corey!"

Corey clung to the child un-movingly; the only sound was the heavy, rapid, beating in his chest he couldn't seem to seize. He could feel the young girl, her shoulders rising and falling repeatedly–either crying, or laughing; perhaps the former, thought Corey.

"Corey, he's gone." the voice sounded fuzzed, as if glass separated them. "Corey—"

Corey thrashed away from the touch of a unseen man, as though he'd been burnt or stung. "Hey, hey," Alec whispered soothingly, kneeling himself beside Corey so their eyes met. "It's gone now. You're safe." Corey found himself wanting to say something—anything to Alec; but the closest thing he could bring himself to speaking, was nodding.