Raising Hell Part 01 | Season 01 Episode 04

"I can't do this."

Corey tossed and turned on the mattress.

"They won't be children forever, Jocelyn."

Corey thrashed in his sheets.

"I don't want them to be part of our world, Magnus."

And screamed into the void of nothingness.

"Corey?"

Blue smoke.

"Corey, wake up."

Cat eyes.

"Corey, wake up!"

Alec.

Corey woke to the embrace of Alec Lightwood; clinging to Corey as though afraid to let go—as though Corey would completely shatter if he were to let go.

"You're safe," Alec whispered, his grip on Corey tightening with reassurance. "You're here, you're safe." Alec repeats.

Throughout Alec's life, he has lived in a darkness, a dark void of doubt and confusion. But, with Corey, even if he were just near Corey, he had no doubt—he had security. Around Corey, the only thing left to doubt, was why he was so drawn to the boy who shares Valentines blood.

"Was it a nightmare?" Alec inquired, the slightest hint of sarcasm laced in his nonchalant tone. "What happened?" he then asked, his hands falling from Corey's body.

Alec could only watch as Corey turned his face away, worrying his bottom lip as he undoubtedly pondered weather or not he should open up to Alec, to trust him.

But why would Corey trust him?

"Do you want me to get Clary?" Alec asked, making to stand. "Or the mind—"

As Alec's bare feet touched the polished wooden floor, Corey's hand shot out from beneath the comforter, reaching to catch Alec's wrist. "I—" Corey had begun to say, but when he met Alec's blue eyes, the words were lost in translation.

Alec waits a moment, before speaking. "You, what?" Though Alec's tone had been soft and welcoming, Corey could still feel something pushing him away from the Lightwood—something he couldn't identify.

Corey pulled his hand away, looking away from him he answered quietly, "I'm not, uh, good with... words."

"Neither am I." Alec said, resuming his position on the bed, the distance between he and Corey decreasing till they were drawn at a hairs length. "That doesn't mean I don't try."

The younger of the two looked up at Alec, his eyes soaking in every detail of Alec's face as though it were the first time he was seeing him.

"They weren't nightmares," Corey said.

"What do you mean?" Alec leaned in closer to Corey, his fingers just grazing Corey's clammy palms.

"Memories." he answered plainly. "Clary, she was tied down by rope, a-and I... I couldn't help her. She wouldn't stop crying."