Thirteen

"Morning, Felix," Alyssa forced a smile as he opened the door to the practice room for her.

It was two in the morning and she needed to relieve her mind so she was more than happy to see Felix already in the practice room.

"Hey," he replied quietly before heading back to his punching bag.

Alyssa noticed he was down by the way he spoke, walked and punched at the bag of sand. All of the actions were weak and seemed as though they tired him out but she decided to ignore it thinking he had just been training hard.

Felix, on the other hand, would have loved if she said something though. He didn't want to just randomly start up a conversation especially when he was almost a hundred percent sure she didn't want to talk about whatever was on his mind.

After a few minutes of them punching the sand bags in silence, Felix finally decided to speak up.

"Do you hate Chris?" He asked, still punching the bag to avoid eye contact with her.

"Why?"

"After what happened last night, you seemed really angry."

"I still am...and yes, I do hate him."

"It wasn't his fault."

"So everyone keeps telling me."

"Seriously, Alyssa. BamBam was the one who started it."

"I don't care who started it, Bam was-"

"Just because you have a crush on him doesn't mean you have to be so biased!" Felix yelled, finally stopping punching the bag to look at Alyssa who stared at him with utter shock written on her face.

Felix sighed as he ran a hand through his blond locks.

"Sorry," he exhaled. "I didn't mean to shout, I just got so frustrated I couldn't hold back anymore."

Alyssa simply nodded before turning to the punching bag again but she didn't punch it, just stared at it.

"Do you actually have a crush on Bam though?" Felix asked curiously.

"Why would you want to know?" Alyssa uttered quietly.

"I just...want to know."

Alyssa sighed loudly.

"I think I do but I don't want to..."

"Why not?"

"I don't know," she huffed. "Maybe out of the fear that he doesn't feel the same or maybe because I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"Or is it because you worry you'll never see him again after he leaves?"

Alyssa nodded as she averted her gaze to the floor.

"Don't worry," Felix assured as he pulled her into a quick hug. "If it's fate you'll meet again."

Alyssa chuckled a bit.

"You're so cheesy, Fe."

The Aussie laughed slightly.

"Yeah, I've been told on a number of occasions...But you have to admit, it helped you feel better, didn't it?"

She giggled a bit as she smiled at him.

"I guess it did."

***

Five hours later on the other side of the building, Bam and Chris practiced in the same room. They both punched at their punching bags or pulled out a pocket knife to practice with it.

Chris never once looked at BamBam but the latter definitely looked at the Aussie way too many times.

Chris was noticeably weaker that day and quite frankly on a different planet. His punches that once broke the chain holding the bag in the air, barely moved the bag that day.

And every time, he tried practicing with his pocket knife, it would fall out of his hands and almost impaled Bam various times if it wasn't for his quick reflexes.

"Sorry," he would constantly mutter before picking the knife up and try again.

By the time it was nine, Bam found himself no longer practising but instead, watching the the Aussie who was clearly a mess.

"What's up?" BamBam finally found the courage to ask.

Chris glanced back at him and shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

"You seem so out of it today...Why?"

"I don't know what you're on about. I'm perfectly normal," he replied but it was clear he was trying to convince himself, not the Thai boy.

"No, you're not. If anything, you're far from normal. So, what's up? What's on your mind?"

Chris sighed, placing the pocket knife in his pocket and running a hand through his hair.

"Alyssa," he confessed, sitting down shortly after.

Bam cocked an eyebrow, surprised by his answer.

"What did she do?"

"I don't think it's her...I think there's something wrong with me. My heart beats faster than usual every time she looks at me and I can't help but feel all warm and fuzzy inside whenever she smiles or laughs...Oh my gosh, Bam, I think I've finally lost it. This place has made me lose my mind!"

Bam simply stared at him. He understood what he felt because he, too, felt it but unlike Chris, he actually knew what it meant. However, everything just confused him. Chris was the last person he would imagine actually liking a girl yet here he was, losing his mind over Alyssa.

"Aren't you going to say something? Don't just stare at me as though I'm crazy! I already know I am."

"You aren't crazy, Chris-"

"Yes, I am, Bam. Didn't I tell you-"

"You're in love."

Chris remained silent for a while as he simply shook his head at Bam.

"No, I can't be. Haven't I already told you I don't have those feelings for anyone? Never have, never will."

"Yet here you are, crushing on a girl," Bam teased. "It's cute, it really is. You've finally grown up."

Chris groaned.

"I don't have a crush on her," he said through gritted teeth.

"Yeah sure, continue telling yourself that. I'll just work on getting her until you finally realise."