Twenty-nine

***Two years later***

"I'm going to miss this place," Felix sighed as he gazed around the cafeteria. "It brings back many memories."

Alyssa chuckled.

"Like when you were on fire? Or when you accidentally dropped all your food? Or when you cracked a raw egg on yourself thinking it was hard boiled? Or maybe when-"

"Okay, yeah I get it, I've done thousands of dumb things in this cafeteria."

Alyssa laughed.

"I don't think 'dumb' comes near to describing it."

He rolled his eyes.

"Don't act like you haven't done anything dumb, darling. Remember when you randomly suck your head in your porridge?"

"For goodness' sake, Felix. How many times should I tell you? I didn't stick my face in the porridge, Jungkook pushed me!"

"Yeah right, and I didn't crack a raw egg on myself, Jungkook threw it on my lap."

"Jungkook wasn't even there when it happened! He had already left."

"So? Since we're playing the blame game-"

"We're not playing on he blame game, I swear it's true...you know what? Nevermind, I did just randomly stick my head in porridge, happy?"

"Estatic."

"Gosh, I swear, Fe, you can be the most annoying person on earth..."

"But you still love me anyway."

"Who ever said that?"

"No one. No one needs to say anything. I can see it in your eyes, you're head over heels for me. But I don't blame you, I do have a way with the ladies."

Alyssa scoffed as she flicked his forehead.

"In your dreams, meme-face."

"It's okay, Ali, I get it, you're just embarrassed...I mean who wouldn't be? You're madly in love with your best friend. But it's understandable, I mean, how could you resist when your best friend is as hot as I am?"

Alyssa scoffed as she shook her head.

"Why are you so extra?"

"I think it actually is the institution because you're all really extra now."

"What? Am not!"

"Remember that time when we were saying goodbye to each other for the night and you made it seem like a break up scene?"

"Oh yeah, I remember that...we should do it again sometime."

"Right before we go on our separate flights?"

"That seems a good time."

It was late at night and the institution was quiet and empty. Only Felix and Alyssa walked it's corridors, chatting merrily as they made the most of their possible last time together.

"I'm really going to miss you, Fe," Alyssa uttered as she leaned her head against Felix's shoulder, a few tears rolling down her cheek.

"Me too," he mumbled as he wrapped his arm around her in a friendly manner, pulling his into a side hug. "But we'll meet again...I swear. Whether I'm the one who looks for you or you're the one that looks for me, we'll meet again."

Alyssa hummed in response as more tears rolled down her cheek.

"Are you crying?" Felix panicked. He had never seen her cry before.