Death

"Finally...I've had enough of this lonesome life..."

Those words were uttered by a blood smeared lips on an exquisite face of a young 'woman'. Flowing soft, silk like beautiful black hair scattered on the ground and her face. Relief and anticipation shone on he beautiful golden eyes and a gentle smile adorning her cute lips.

Standing 3 steps away from her were the 'heroes' responsible for her current condition watching her with complex eyes. They defeated the evil god and they're happy that the world will now be at peace. But they also realized the evil god's schemes. The weapons that can kill a god actually came from the same god that they needed to kill. It was created to end her life. Right from the start, this god in front of them wanted to die and she went as far as to take up the identity of an evil god just to be released from her everlasting life. Plus, she was even using her remaining power to fix the world that was half destroyed by the real evil god that she has killed out of boredom.

Kurogami Setsuna was her mortal name. As for how the heroes knew about her killing the original evil god, she revealed it all to them. Even the purpose of taking that dark identity.

Setsuna turned her head to the heroes and smiled. It was a smile the she thought she had forgotten. A warm, kind and gentle smile that can soothe the soul and brighten the dark. Couple with her stunning visage, she totaly looked like a saintly goddess instead of an evil god.

"Thank you. I've been trapped in this immortal life for so long. And you released me from the chains preventing me from reincarnating. I cannot kill myself, that's why I did all these. I will not ask for forgiveness nor understanding as all these are a result of my selfish wish."

The heroes' group felt grief and sorrow, disappointment upon the death of such a kind person. They had met her as the mortal Kurogami Setsuna and befriended her. As a mortal, she was a kind girl with a dishonest mouth. Now that they've learned of her identity as a god(dess), knowing personality as Setsuna, they knew that all she did was for the sake of them and the world. She took the darkness of the world and its residents, took the hate for herself, and with her disappearance, she will take all hate and darkness with her. Really. Such a kind person you are, Setsuna. That was what the heroes thought to themselves.

Their fight with her ended with severe wounds and possibly crippled leg or arm, but all of them are alive. She held back for them and for herself.

Kind yet cruel. If you were lonely, you could have told us. You could have told me. I always love that smile of yours. It always encourage me to continue moving despite all the hardships. I know that you caused the lose of some of our friends, but...I...love you...

Thought the leader of the heroes as tears streamed down his face. Kneeling down beside the dying god, he spoke to her.

"You...wanted to die this badly?"

Gold orbs met with sky blue ones. With the warm smile still on her lips, she answered fully aware of the hero's distress.

"I do not feel lonely, thanks to you guys. But I——loneliness is not the reason...why I wanted to die. I wanted a fresh start, without the memories from all those miserable lives. I'm already broken. Anymore and I will be broken beyond repair..."

"Memories...?" The leader, Rennato Sinclair muttered. (Yes, I am using reborn's name here. Let's just say its for the plot's sake.)

"W-what *sob* do you *hic* mean by miserable *shaky gasp* lives?" The blade expert assassin class girl in the group, who is also the one closest to her, Karen asked in confussion.

"...she means... past life. Or, lives, in her case." Arianedelle, the diviner and healer of the group, explained. She also was close with Setsuna. You can say, they can be mistaken as sisters because of their similar personality with the only difference is that she's cold. But even with her being famous as a cold beauty, she couldn't stop the tears falling from her eyes.