Chapter 6: 16 September 2192

When my mother and I reach the house, we ran inside and collapsed on the couch. My mother then whacked me on the head. "What was that for?" I asked, smiling at her. "Well, isn't that what we started this race for?" She answered while standing up, panting. About fifteen minutes later, the rest of my family came back to the house. "Alright, time for bed, children." my father said while plopping down on the couch. "Glady. I'm exhausted." I said as I climbed the stair up to my room. I layed down on my bed and fell straight asleep.

"Blaze?" I heard in a whisper that sounded far away. "Blaze?" I heard again but closer. Finally, I heard a voice that woke me up fully. "Blaze!" Artemis said as she rounded the corner of the steps. She knelt down next to me and started to shake me violently. "Cool it, woman." I managed to say. I put my hands on her shoulders and pushed her away a little. I sat up slightly. I rubbed my head and asked, "How did you find me?" Artemis sighed and started to say something but she was interrupted. An object the size of a baseball fell from out of nowhere and hit me on the head. Artemis picked the object that landed on me. It was a stone. The Agathon Stone, I thought but I quickly I shook it from my memory. Artemis stared at it in awe. "What?" I asked, afraid of her answer. "I can't believe it," she said, "The Agathon Stone." My heart practically stopped. "This stone has been lost for generations. It belonged to the Maddox family but was lost in the midst of a civil war back in the 1700s. Legend has it that it can make a fantasy into a reality in a matter of seconds. If this fell into the wrong hands, anything could be a possibility. Negative or positive." Artemis paused for a second. She looked me straight in the eye. "What did you say your last name was?" she asked urgently. "Maddox." I said realizing what had just happened. "Holy crap! Do you know what this means?!" Artemis exclaimed while shaking me again. "Yeah, about that. I need to tell you something." I said while once again taking her shoulders and pushing her away. I told her everything about Archon and the Stone and how he wanted it the next time he saw me.

After I was done explaining, Artemis kind of zoned out. I waved my hand in front of her face but that did nothing. I snapped in her face but she didn't budge. So, I just sat there until she came to it. When she did, what she said made me shiver. Artemis looked at me. Her eyes were full with fear. "My...my....my dad used to study the Agathon Stone. He knew everything about it." she took a deep, shaky breath as if she was about to cry, "My dad's name was Archon."