Chapter 3

Matt jumped, scared for his life, and looked at the doorway, where the noise was coming from.
It was Tom.

    "Tom!" Matt squeaked, getting out of bed, carefully stepping over his trigger-happy crush who was asleep on the floor, and running to his old friend, hugging him and bursting into tears. Tom's 'eyes' narrowed in confusion.

"Did I... Miss something?" He asked, confused about the seemingly woebegone ginger. Matt quickly looked up, and pulled down the collar of Tom's shirt to see there was no gash on his shoulder. By this point, Tom was starting to blush. "Uh..." Matt looked at his other shoulder, there was still nothing there.

"What? How'd that happen?" Matt exclaimed, confused.

"What happen?" Tom asked, trying to figure out what Matt is talking about.

"Y-you had a gash on your shoulder!" Matt cried "where'd it go?" Tom finally understood

"You had a nightmare, Ginger, I got up to go to my room, but I heard you sobbing in your sleep, I was about to ask to what happened, then I saw you sit up,"

"Oh..." Matt replied.

"... You have nightmares about me?" Tom slightly screamed, realizing what happened.

"Not often!" Matt replied quickly.

"Alright..." Tom said unsurely, grabbing Matt's hand and dragging him back to his bed.

"Do I have to go back to bed? I'm scared..." Matt whimpered.

"Yes, it's very late, it's three in the morning," Tom replied.

"Oh," 

Tom noticed Matt was staring down at Tord.

"You like him, don't you?" Tom commented. Matt nodded with a slight, faint giggle. "... I don't think he's right for you..." Tom said quietly. Matt felt a shiver shoot up his spine

"W-what do you mean?" Matt stuttered, looking up at Tom.

"He just... Seems so suspicious," He started. "I feel he may try to do something, he usually doesn't bring that many guns with him when he comes here, and I think I saw a gernade in his suitcase," Tom replied

"He's probably just truamatized, he was just in a war!" Matt shot back.

"I know, but this isn't his first war, and he's been perfectly fine after," Tom responded.

"Yeah well--"

Matt was about to speak but stopped himself as he saw the norski yawn and open his eyes.