|5| I Dream A Demigod Dream

Sorry about the long wait. I knew what I wanted to write, or had a really good idea of it. I just couldn't get it on paper. This is my first chapter that I have written that I haven't outlined. I thought looking at my outline that I had a very fast timeline and now I'm trying to slow it down a bit.

(Italics for when Percy is dreaming),

Percy POV

Summer 560

Jason, Nico and I were talking about the chances of another monster attack before we get to Camelot, in code words of course. I'm not that much of a seaweed brain. When I started to realize that the knights and Merlin had grown quiet and could probably hear snippets of our conversations. 

I answered his question about what we would do if the monsters got through our guard and told them to be quiet while I pointed my eyes towards the knights. They got my meaning, we had listeners. We all walked together towards the campfire, where Merlin had prepared some soup. 

"What were you guys just talking about?" Arthur immediately questioned the three of us when we mde it back to the campfire. 

"Nothing that you need to worry about. We are the ones who have to take care of it." I replied in a defensive tone. 

We quickly ate our supper of soup and hurried off to where our blankets laid and fell asleep, speaking no more of the questions Arthur and the knights asked. I fell asleep quickly and I soon discovered I was having a demigod dream that probably had to do with the quest.

I was in this stone hut, I looked around for a little while until I heard voices, one of them was Arachne, the spider that pulled Annabeth and me into Tarturas, and another woman's voice that haven't heard before. 

When I came upon them I definitely could tell that the woman her whole look screamed crazy. It was in the way that she spoke, the look in her eyes and the way she dressed. As for Arachne, let's just say if you weren't scared of spiders before you would start to be if you set eyes on her. She was a black widow who was easily the size of a barn with pinchers so big that they could easily cut a person in half if she wanted to. "

Two of the groups that I have sent out have not returned" Arachne informed the crazy lady. 

"What do you mean? You told me that Arthur could not defeat your troops." 

"He can't, my troops can only be defeated by certain metals. Metals that no mortal man should have. He must have found some sort of help." 

"Well, go find out who these people who Arthur has found for help are. Do not fail me, Arachne." The lady ordered. 

Arachne left the room. 

The crazy lady sat there she said to herself "Who have you found, Arthur, that can defeat these beasts that cannot possibly be defeated?"

I woke up, wondering who that crazy lady was, she seemed to be the leader of this group of monsters but did not seem to give off a Godly vibe or anything else from Greek mythology. Since she talked about Arthur maybe she is his enemy. I thought. 

The prophecy did say that dangerous forces would unite together. I thought as I laid there awake so this crazy lady must be someone dangerous. Well, she's definitely crazy, if not dangerous. I'll tell Jason and Nico about my dream in the morning if not then, I'll tell them when we get to Camelot.

Then I noticed that Merlin was up, he was sitting by the campfire starting into the flames lost in his own thoughts. I went over to him and say down. 

"You don't trust us very much, do you? I wouldn't either, I suppose if you showed up the way we did either and be able to defeat what others could not" I told Merlin. 

"Why should we trust you? You have acted suspiciously practically since we met you three." Merlin responded.

"You are right, of course, but if we talked openly about what we are acting suspicious about could put you in more danger than you are already in. These beasts that are attacking you now, wouldn't stop, if you, Arthur and the knights knew the things that Jason, Nico and I know. Right now, as far as I've figured out it seems they are in league with this crazy lady, that wears a messy black dress, and has just as much of messy black hair" 

"Morgana" Merlin whispered under his breath, which I heard. 

"Who's Morgana?" I inquired. 

"Arthur's half - sister, who wants the throne for herself and will do anything to get it. She has tried many times and nearly succeeded a few times." Merlin answered. 

"So her becoming Queen would be bad?" I questioned. 

"Very" was his response. 

"Then you can count on our help to prevent her from becoming Queen." I told him.

Sorry it is so short but something is better than nothing right? Also this chapter gave been some trouble on finding words to get down on paper. I had the idea, but not the words. I think I had writers block, and to get rid of it I tried my best to push through it. Maybe later I find more words to put in here, but for now I'm posting this short chapter. Hopefully I'll find more words in the next chapter.