Prologue- Editted

A/N: There will be a fight scene is this chapter, so I'm going to apologize in advance about how sucky it probably will be. I've never written one before. So any help on how to improve it will be greatly appreciated. For, there will be more in this book, hopefully better than this upcoming one. Please feel free to critique my writing, grammar skills and also if you see any plot holes.

Merlin POV

Summer 560

It was just an another annoying day of looking after King Prat. I had just woken up Arthur, like I have been every day for the past five years, which consisted of me throwing open the curtains and saying "Rise and Shine" in a bright cheery voice with a smile to match my tone. 

I had already been to the kitchen to fetch the Dollop head's breakfast and had said breakfast sitting on the table, where I would then serve it to him after he got his lazy butt out of bed and then dodging the projectile,which is the first thing that Arthur put his hands on, usually a goblet. It was sometimes a pillow, but more often than not it was a goblet that was chucked at me. 

Today it was one of the days where it was a goblet. After I evaded the object, I laid out the clothes that he would be wearing today and then I helped him get dressed when I was needed to. I swear, he couldn't even dress himself properly to save his life. Trust me, I've seen him try, it wasn't very pretty and don't even mention having to add another hole in his belt, he'll send you to the stocks for insinuating that he's getting fat.

After he was dressed, Arthur and I went to the table for his breakfast. Arthur ate while I served him. While he was eating, I went around picking up his chamber. Suddenly, a guard burst into the room and without prompt from Arthur said in a frantic voice 

"My lord, Camelot is under attack by strange beasts, the likes of which we have never seen."

 Arthur immediately sprang up from his chair, his breakfast completely forgotten, rushing out behind the guard, with me following behind him, of course.

"Gather the knights, we need to set up a defensive line at the gate and get the people of Camelot into the keep. I'm headed to the armory and then I'll join them at the line." The Guard left to do just, while we hurried to the Armoury, so that we could put Arthur's Armor on and to get Excalibur."

When we got to the armoury, the Knights were already there and were already putting on their armor. While they all were putting on their armour, Arthur and the Knights discussed Battle Strategy. It was decided that Percival and Gwaine, because they were the strongest fighters, and a few other good fighters would go out into the lower town and see if any of the townspeople were still there and bring them to the keep, those that couldn't fight would stay there as well as the injured, along with the townsfolk. 

Everyone else would be fighting the beasts that were attacking the town in the defensive line. I, of course, would be helping them from the background, but of course the knights didn't know that. Arthur and the other knights would have died several times over if not for my magic but of course, I never get the credit, nor do I really want it. Credit would make my secret come out, probably. No, definitely.

When we out to the gate we saw a variety of Beasts, that I have never ever seen before and that's coming from a Warlock /Dragonlord whose looked through many books that contained many a beast while trying to save the clotpole's ass. I saw a half-man, half-bull like creature, a girl with reptilian legs, and a scary massive dog-like creature among many other different creatures. 

By the time I was out of my shock, Arthur was already in a fight for his life and it wasn't going his way. He was hacking and slashing at the creatures like only and expert swordsman could but yet he hardly laid a single blow on him. Looking around, none of these creatures had so much as a scratch on them.