|Concert

The truth yeah you do, But still you smile despite the lines, I drew for you -Rihanna

Chapter One | Concert

//Two months later//

"You're on in two." a stage hand mentioned quickly in passing as he hand her a microphone and rushed off. Rihanna took a deep breath to calm her pre-performance jitters.

The lights began to fade and the cheers from the crowd crescendoed the darker it got. Rihanna took her place in front of her band and listened for the announcement and count from the drums.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in welcoming Rihanna!"

Without her ear piece, she would have never heard the drum sticks counting everyone and herself in over the deafening noise from the crowd. But as the melody of the first song kicked in, and the lights brought to life the stage, she stood center stage smiling and waving. The beat of the drums echoed in her chest as she opened her mouth to sing.

Work, work, work, work, work, workHe said me have toWork, work, work, work, work, work!He see me do myDirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt!So me put inWork, work, work, work, work, workWhen you are gon'Learn, learn, learn, learn, learn?Me no care if...

He said me have to
Work, work, work, work, work, work!
He see me do my
Dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt!
So me put in
Work, work, work, work, work, work
When you are gon'
Learn, learn, learn, learn, learn?
Me no care if him
Hurt, hurt, hurt, hurt, hurting

She moved effortlessly around the stage, dipping down to touch the hands of those in the front row. She loved opening with this song. It set the tone for the rest of the concert and got the crowd to its feet with the infectious melody and beats.

 It set the tone for the rest of the concert and got the crowd to its feet with the infectious melody and beats