1 • Beginning

"Mornin' Oswald!" Mickey said, walking down the large staircase of the mansion, his eyes energetic from his good wake up.
Mickey had stayed the night at Oswald and Ortensia's mansion; a nice place partly hidden by the tall trees.
   "Oh, good morning Mickey..." The tired rabbit responded, Ortensia sitting at the table looking a lot more rested.
"Why are you so tired Ozzie?" The mouse asked, sitting at large table with a newly brewed cup of coffee.
"I'm trying to figure out why all these murders are happening..." he responded sluggishly, his eyes closed with his head supported by his hand.
"Oswald, I told you to let the cops do that." Ortensia mewed crossly, anger apparent in her voice.
Oswald just sighed, probably hearing that before and went back to sipping his coffee. Mickey drank the brown brew up fast, deciding he would go out and clear his mind a bit. The mouse had been hearing so much talk about the deaths that he just wanted to be alone for once.
The mouse got up quickly from the table. He walked over to the sink and put his mug in it. The mouse briskly walked over to the coat hangers and grabbed his coat.
"Uh, Mickey where are you going?" Oswald said, slight caution in his voice.
The rodent grabbed his bag full of sketchbooks and art supplies, stopping from turning the doorknob.
"I'm just going to go to town and get some fresh air." He said, turning the knob once more.
He walked out the door quickly, without allowing Oswald to comment.
The chilly autumn air bit at Mickey's face, making the guilt of lying disappear. Mickey breathed in the crisp air, heading into the forest, knowing exactly where he was from the recent trips to and from a spot he liked in the woods. The mouse crunched through the leaves, his sweater and thick coat warming him up immediately. The mouse soon reached his alone place, an old broken down workshop which he had recently started visiting. It had old animation equipment inside, with a large picture of a toon on the front who had two horns, the picture labeled Joey Drew Studios.
   Mickey sighed, opening the door with a loud creak. The dust flew form the floor, causing the rodent to cough. He slightly left the door open, but as Mickey pulled his hand away globs of ink followed, plopping to the floor.
   "Huh... that's weird... I bet there were teenagers here or something." The mouse mumbled, walking over to a chair. He ran his hand along the dust covered lightboxes and cork boards on his way, sitting on a chair at an old wooden table. The old animation equipment must've been from the 1930's, some 88 years ago.
To some the animation tools would've looked like junk, but to Mickey they were items of wonder and they filled him with happiness. Mickey pulled his sketchbook out of his bag with a pencil and a white eraser, setting to work on construction lines of the workshop infront of him, facing the door. The mouse sat, drawing for a good 30 minutes, the sketch coming along nicely.
The mouse's pencil cracked, the graphite breaking on the page. He sighed, reaching for his bag to grab a pencil sharpener.
creeeaaak
Mickey looked up, hand pausing in mid air, his mind reeling with wonder, not so much fear though, like a normal toon. The mouse slowly moved his hand to clench the edge of the table, looking toward a dark hallway where the noise came from. The mouse was very still, his heart pounding. Still, not in fear but in curiosity. You know what they say, curiosity killed the cat.
"Hello? Is anyone there? Come out, I won't hurt you." Mickey said gently but I'm a raised voice.
"Mm-m-Mickey m-Mouse?" He heard something gurgle, flinching back. The rodent surely didn't expect an answer.
It sounded like whosever it was hadn't spoken in a long, long time.
"Please come out, I want to see you..." Mickey responded quietly, a white fleck appearing suddenly in the dark hallway.
   The creature growled, but not in an angry way. "Y-you don't w-wh-want to see me. I d-don't want t-to scare you." It gurgled back.
   "I promise I won't be scared, I don't get scared easily." Mickey said quietly, smiling gently, getting up from his seat.
   "F-fine... my name is B-Bendy by t-th-the way." He growled, stepping forward into the light.
   Mickey looked in wonder, the tall creature getting onto all fours to look less intimidating. It's face was covered with sticky ink, except for one pitch black eye with a white pupil in the middle. It had a soft smile, with hooves on its legs and clawed hands . The creature possessed a long tail with a pointed tip at the end, like a demon's tail.
   "See, I'm not scared Bendy. Are you a demon?" Mickey choked out curiously.
   He nodded, stepping closer to the mouse, until he was only a few feet from the table, peering at Mickey's drawing.
   "C-can you d-dr-draw me?" Bendy hissed, happiness in his demonic voice.
   Mickey's face lit up, "Of course! You'd be fun to draw."
   Bendy smiled even wider, gingerly stepping towards the table to look over the edge while Mickey's hand traced out the circles and shapes that would turn into the lanky demon. They sat in silence for awhile, the drawing reaching an almost complete stage.
"It l-looks good... I like to draw t-too but not as well as you." Bendy mumbled, his form looking smaller and less 'drippy' than when Mickey saw him the first time.
"No! I bet your art is just as good as mine." The mouse exclaimed, putting the finishing touches on his drawing.
Bendy smiled and looked away, feeling warm in his chest. He hadn't felt this good for a long time. The mouse ripped out the page, getting up and putting his materials away.
"I have to leave soon, but it was really nice meeting you." Mickey said happily. "But, I can visit tomorrow if you like?"
Bendy smiled wider and nodded, getting up from his spot, on his two legs now which made him a few feet taller than Mickey...more than a few.
"Here's your picture, Ben. Bye!" Mickey said enthusiastically, opening the door after he handed Bendy the picture.
"B-Bye." Bendy gurgled, speech already sounding much better than at first.
The demon smiled, looking down at the picture in adoration. He walked up to the cork board and put the picture on it, happy to finally have a friend.