11 • Not Right

Bendy woke up, laying face up to the ceiling, a sleeping Mickey beside him. He pushed himself up and looked at the mouse. So peaceful. So cute... The demon smiled to himself and got out of bed. He went into the guest bathroom. Bendy looked in the mirror, then he turned the faucet on and started to wash his face with cold water to wake himself up. He turned the faucet off and dried his face with a towel. Just as he was putting the towel back, he heard a thump and a rustle downstairs. That's... weird.
The demon walked into the hall. Nobody else should be here this time of morning. He walked slowly downstairs with a light foot to avoid the old creaking boards. The demon slowly took off his gloves and they grew into sharp claws to be ready for what made that noise. His bare clawed feet tapped on the ground as he walked from the stairs to the kitchen. He heard a light thump again coming from in front of him, in the kitchen. A jolt went up his spine. The demon tried to keep his breathing quiet as he carefully peeked around the corner to see what was there. Wait... nothing?
    Was he hearing something? Maybe it was just his imagination. Bendy walked out into the kitchen, a bit disappointed he didn't catch thief or a criminal. The demon slipped his gloves back on and mumbled something inaudible, but then something touched his arm, and he got so scared that he turned around and hit whatever touched him.
   He saw... Mickey. It took the demon a few seconds to realize he had hit his friend!
   "Holy crap, Mickey I'm so sorry! I thought you were-"
   Mickey got up, laughing and holding his cheek. "It's fine Bendy, you didn't even hit me that hard. I heard a noise that's why I came down."
   "Me too, but still... let me see your cheek." Bendy said guiltily, cheeks gray in embarrassment.
   Bendy placed his hand on Mickey's cheek, looking at it. It was a bit red but nothing really. He then looked into the mouse's eyes. Bright, sparkling with life and youthfulness. But the demon's eyes just reflected loneliness and sorrow, and were a deep black in which you could see the demonic entity residing within him.
   Bendy noticed he was still staring, and Mickey was flustered at this point. He also realized their close proximity, and he tried to move away but Mickey caught his wrist.
   "Bendy... kiss me." Mickey whispered. Fear and nervousness but also curiosity was present in the mouse's voice.
   Bendy was taken by pure surprise. "W-What??? Are you sure...?" Bendy said, extremely confused now.
   "Just do it. I'm curious."
   Bendy was still in shock, but he did as the mouse wished. He closed the space between them, softly pressing his lips against the mouse's. He smelled of soft, dusty fur with a detergent smell from his clothing. The mouse tasted of toothpaste from when he brushed in the morning, and a warm taste of strawberry lip balm.
   Bendy pulled apart and looked at Mickey. The mouse looked away, completely in awe. He had loved it... as much as Bendy had.
   "Uh..."
   "You're a good kisser." Mickey said, smiling nervously, breaking the silence.
   Bendy thanked him and blushed profusely. He couldn't believe Mickey had just done that... it was unreal. Maybe he did have a chance with the mouse after all. Still shocked, Bendy turned away and glanced out the window, wanting to change the subject and also wanting to go outside to try out that form changing ability.
   "Mick, are you going to get breakfast? I want to uh... go outside to try out the tips Howard gave me." Hissed the demon under his breath, trying to suppress the want to keep kissing Mickey.
   "I-I'll go out with you. I wanna make sure you're safe. We can get lunch and when Howard comes back we can leave."
   Mickey still stuttered because he was just as flustered as the other toon.

•-•-•

   The two toons walked outside, the sky a bit more cloudy than usual. They walked back to make sure nobody saw them, and once they were sure Mickey found a place to hide. They both nervously exchanged a thumbs-up, and Bendy started to concentrate. The demon's form started to change, Mickey watching anxiously. Bendy's ink bubbled as it grew into a tall, slender form with tall horns; a different form than the first more animal-like one.
   Bendy hissed loudly, ink dripping over one of his eyes. His long horns protruded up and pierced the sky, making the mouse a bit uncomfortable, although that was soon quelled when bendy looked hopefully over to the mouse.
   "B-Bendy?? Did it work?" Mickey said, just loud enough for the tall inky demon to hear.
   Bendy made a strange otherworldly clicking noise, and he smiled at the mouse, giving a thumbs-up with his long claws. The ink on his skin bubbled and rolled ominously, and Bendy started to walk around, looking around and at his hands. The mouse was overjoyed! He had finally done it. Mickey jumped up, throwing his arms in the air and exclaiming happily. Bendy smiled widely and his tail flicked. A breeze blew and Bendy's smile suddenly dropped. The demon hissed, and whirled around. Mickey put his hands down. Something was wrong. The demon spoke a different language, raspy like an old man. "Ostendam tibi: angelus!" Then, like that, the ink flooded off of his body and merged into his normal form.
Bendy turned and walked toward Mickey with a worried and solemn look about his features. "We have to go. Now."
Mickey started to question him, but Bendy walked fast as he could to the house. Mickey just caught up with him.
"Pack your stuff up." Bendy said. His voice was quivering slightly and beads of ink dropped down his face.
   Mickey tried to grab the demon's hands, but he didn't let him and he kept softly brushing the mouse away. Mickey grabbed the demon's hands again forcefully and he pushed him down on the bed. Mickey stared at the demon and let go of him, angry and confused.
   "Bendy- Bendy what did you see? What did you say?!" Mickey yelled.
   Bendy pushes Mickey off of him and he got up, moving to zip up his bag. The demon gives off a nervous aura that even Mickey can feel... not good.
"Fine... if you can't trust me that's fine. But I trust that you know what you're doing." Mickey said, tears threatening to come through. He felt untrusted...
Bendy looked soft as Mickey started to pack everything up. The demon contemplated hugging the mouse, but there wasn't time. He wished there was.
They both packed everything into the car silently, and Mickey got in the drivers seat. As they left the driveway, Bendy looked solemnly at the old house. The demon fiddled with his fake documents he had gotten, and they set in for the trip back.

But Bendy could feel that there was something following.