6 • New

They found us.

   His body jerked up in a cold sweat, beads of ink rolling down Bendy's face. He breathed heavily and clutched his chest, slowly calming down. Those nightmares. Bendy had always had them ever since they had left. Bendy suddenly was overcome with anger, feeling like he needed to hit something. The wound on his shoulder had almost healed up overnight, but his night terrors seemed to have open it up again. The demon pushed the anger down, sighing and taking the blankets off his body. Bendy walked to Mickey's room timidly, opening the door to find the mouse reading a book.
   "Oh, you're up?" Mickey said. He closed the book and set it on his nightstand.
   Bendy told him about the reopened wound, clutching it in the process to prevent bleeding red-tinged ink on the sheets.
   "Hold on, I'll go get some gauze to wrap it up. I think we were too tired to do anything about it last night."
   As Mickey left the room to enter the master bathroom that connected to his room, Bendy's mind automatically wandered to what had happened last night. He had taken such a big step... he kissed the mouse for Satan's sake. Now that he thought about it, it seemed crazy. He had just met him for crying out loud! But, he'd heard of lots of stories about love at first sight.
   Mickey entered with a roll of bandages in his hand, settling down beside Bendy. His body warmth was intoxicating to Bendy, who's body was unusually cold. Probably due to the lack of real flesh and skin... but that just made it more comforting to be around that mouse. He held his arm out slightly, allowing the mouse to silently wrap the gauze carefully around the wound. Bendy instead focused on the soft touches, the mouse's gentleness made him want to embrace Mickey and never let go.
   Mickey looked up, Bendy hissing as Mickey accidentally pressed against the edge of the tender cut.
   "Sorry." Mickey mumbled, sounding way too apologetic.
   "You're fine, Love." Bendy said. Oh shit.
   He accidentally let the nickname slip out, making Mickey look up with a confused and flustered look in his eyes.
   "I-Uh didn't mean too..." The demon stuttered.
   Mickey smiled and got back to securing  the gauze in place. "It's fine, we all slip up sometimes."
   He took his hands off Bendy's arm, brushing his hand. A shiver ran up the demon's spine, making him a tad anxious. Bendy looked at Mickey, thinking this to be the perfect time to kiss him. He knew he shouldn't, but he couldn't resist the handsome mouse. His black fur swayed as he moved; bouncing up and down when he walked. His eyes were warm with kindness, cheeks laced with sweet dimples that melted anyone's heart.
   Bendy started to lean in to kiss him, but Mickey's hand stopped him from going further. Bendy reeled back in confusion.
"I-I'm sorry Bendy... I just met you. I just- can't." He mumbled, trying to ignore the hurt look in Bendy's eyes.
"Friends?" Mickey said, holding out his arms slightly to offer a hug.
Bendy hesitated, sadness pooling in his chest.
"Y-yeah. Friends." He said, leaning forward into the warm hug.
They both walked into the kitchen to eat a quick breakfast. When they were done, they sat on the living room couches, and Mickey took the chance to talk to the demon about what had happened to his arm.
"Bendy, what happened? Like... when you attacked me and ran off. Then my brother found you bleeding in the road."
A look of pain crossed his face.
   Bendy hesitated before answering, wringing his hands nervously. "I lost control again..."
   Mickey was confused already. He sat next to Bendy, looking into his empty eyes with worry.
   "I sometimes lose control, and I go on a... hunt if you will." Bendy said, sighing shakily and scooting slightly away from Mickey.
   But Mickey didn't move back beside him. "H-Hunt?"
   "I get so hungry my mind just falls apart and I can't control it. It's like... someone different is controlling me." Bendy said, not bothering to wipe off the black tears streaming down his cheeks.
   It all made sense. The realization hit Mickey like a bullet. The weirdly shaped tracks, trail of blood, Bendy's hunts. It all connected. The demon was committing the murders.
   Mickey's breath hitched as Bendy got up suddenly.
   "Then... Sammy stabbed me when I got back to the studio... but where did he- the blade of deliverance..." he was mumbling more to himself now than Mickey as he paced the room.
   "Then but where did he get- of course. That fucking angel did it." The demon said abruptly stopping and talking with his arms out in-front of him.
   Mickey jumped slightly at the cursory swear, but he looked up at Bendy instead. Wondering if he should tell Oswald about what happened or not. Bendy could get in heaps of trouble, but it wasn't his fault he was killing them. It was sort of like a werewolf.
"B-Bendy I think we should just... introduce you as a new toon. Then, we won't have to hide you anymore." The mouse said randomly.
Bendy stopped and sat on the couch with a sigh.
"I need a fake certificate of birth. Probably other paperwork we can't get." He growled, flopping down on the couch.
The demon fiddled with his gloves, slipping one off to examine his sharp claws. Mickey watched him in thought, still a bit scared of him. What if he attacked, and he wouldn't even remember?
"Actually, I might have a few friends who can forge them for you." Mickey said. The one thing he didn't like was breaking the law, but he'd do anything to help protect Bendy.