10 • Best-Friend

"Well... I'll think about it. Y'all can go upstairs if ya want. I'm just gonna look through the box of crap." Howard said, waving them off.
Bendy left to go upstairs, and as Mickey started following him, Howard grabbed his arm, whispering to him.
"Mickey, please keep im' under control. I can tell ya like him... a lot, even if ya don't acknowledge it. In the end you may be the only one able to calm him down..."
Howard let go of him and went back to looking at the trinkets. Mickey went upstairs, realizing he was blushing, a lot. Oh my god maybe he did like the demon... too much as Howard had said. Was it really that obvious? Mickey pondered over this, literally questioning his own heterosexuality, and walking into the guest room.
Mickey walked in, seeing Bendy changing his shirt, back facing him and pulling on shorts. Mickey's face began to burn hot, and he turned away, pretending to look at books on a book shelf. Maybe he was gay... no maybe bi. He still likes girls but he'd never really thought about guys. Now the mouse started to realize how much he thought Bendy was attractive... but something else had caught his attention as well. Scars.
There were scars along Bendy's back, dark gray and deep looking. Now he wanted to comfort the demon even more.
"Oh hey Mick." He said, and the mouse turned around. Still a little red in the face.
"Hey Ben! So... you okay about all the stuff about the studio?"
Hesitation. Again. "Yea. I'm pretty blasé to it now after having decades to mull it over... its not that bad now that I t-talked about it." His voice broke again, giving away his uncertainty.
Mickey marched over to the bed he was sitting on, and sat next to the demon.
"Bendy, I was with a girl who said she had a past toxic relationship and the person still antagonized her, so I wanted to talk about it but she didn't let me. Do you want to know what happened to her?" Mickey said, putting his head on the demon's shoulder. "It got to her. So bad she killed herself. So please... if you have something you need to talk about, talk to me?"
   Bendy looked down. "Alright I'll let you ask about it, but I only have one question for now." He said with a small smile, still looking down.
   "The uh... scars on your back. How did you get those?" Mumbled the mouse.
   Bendy hesitated, glancing at Mickey's face and looking away.
"Like I said earlier... I did something bad to the angel and she didn't like it. I was still trapped there with her and she tried to kill me so many times with that blade. The Blade Of Deliverance." He sighed. His voice started to sound as if he would start to cry.
"Oh, Bendy..." Mickey said sadly and wrapping his arms around the demon.
"I didn't know..."

"Nobody did."

•-•-•

The demon and Mouse ran down to the living room to eat an early dinner cooked by Howard, because Bella was working late. As they arrived in the kitchen, they started to smell a slight burning stench. Howard took out a casserole and put it on the counter, pulling off his oven mittens.
"Really sorry 'bout that... I ain't no chef."
Mickey and Bendy shrugged and got a plate of the casserole, that in fact wasn't that badly burned. It still tasted pretty good.
"This is good Howard!" Mickey complimented when they said down on the living room couches. Howard nodded and waved away the compliment, pulling his box of junk form under the couch. He rustled through it, made an 'ah, here' noise and toon it out for all to see.
Howard held up a small book. It had a leather coat and binding, and it was pretty thick. The leather on the front had a red goat skull  with very long horns that looped about four times. There was a white pentagram on the skull's forehead and it's eyes were white and yellow. They almost looked like they were glowing an odd ominous light.
Bendy coughed as Howard pulled up the book, looking closely at the words lining the bottom of the book. "W-where... where did you get this?" Bendy said, looking uncomfortable.
"Pawn shop. Those dumbasses will sell anything. Most of em don't know what'll get em in trouble."
"Never thought I'd see the ad Studium Daemonium in person." Bendy said, now intrigued but still very cautious.
"Wait what did that mean?" Queried Mickey.
Bendy took the book from Howard and flipped through it while eating. He didn't look up from the crinkled pages. "It's Latin. It roughly translates to 'the Demon Study' which is based on the studies of demons that got out of Hell for a job or something else."
Bendy put his empty bowl on the end table, he scoffed. "It's like they treat us like animals. Ugh, there's a 'mating habits' chapter. Hehe, they just wanted an excuse to see demons fuck."
Mickey's ears twitches when he cursed, but he was more appalled (and red-faced) about the mating parts. Thats gross! Mickey looked at Howard, face hot and the old dog wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, glancing at Bendy. The mouse shook his head side to side angrily, and Howard had to hold back a laugh.
Bendy, completely oblivious to the 'conversation' that was going on, promptly jumped up and hissed out a sentence happily. "Oh! Says here that 'For a Daemon to be in control of one's self, one must concentrate on a certain emotion or event. Even just immense stress or dire need for a power could trigger the change in mentality.'" Bendy quoted.
The demon gave into his desire to pace, and he walked to the center of the room and started to explain how he could control himself. "So, that means that if I concentrate deeply on a strong emotion like anger, sadness... love whatever, I can control myself better."
Bendy said, moving his hands as he spoke. "Although that seems easier said than done. In that form my mind is always going off track, often rerouting itself to the default 'kill, kill' mode..."
"Ya just need practice." Suggested Howard.
Bendy agreed, asking to take the book up to his room. Howard said yes, and even offered to take their dishes. The mouse and demon said goodnight and rushed upstairs to get ready for bed. When they got to their room, Bendy grabbed his clothes he slept in, but Mickey spoke up while they were changing, back to back of course.
"Bendy... do you think it's okay if I like- uh- guys? Girls too but-" Mickey said, although Bendy couldn't see his face he knew the mouse was red as a cherry.
"Of course Mickey. You know I'm gay myself so why wouldn't I support you?" Bendy said, turning around, not expecting a flustered ball of fur to barrel into him.
Bendy was pushed over onto his bed, Mickey sitting on top of him. "Ugh well I know you can be pretty cynical sometimes... and some people don't like bi people." He said mumbling the last part. "I'm just glad I can have a f- best friend like you."
Bendy smiled and hugged the mouse as he lay on top of him.
"Hmm. Depends. Am I your best-best friend or only one best? Are you 1 best friend zoning me?" Bendy gasped dramatically, pretending he was just brutally hurt.
Mickey chuckled and put his hands on Bendy's face. "Oh shut up you big idiot. Best-Best-BEST friend is the right one."
The demon acted astonished, and they laughed a little before they realized that Mickey was now sitting in Bendy's lap. They both moved away from each other and Bendy cleared his throat awkwardly.
After awhile of then both sitting in silence, Mickey spoke up. "Hey Bendy?"
"Yeah?"
"It's cold tonight..."
"You wanna... sleep in my bed?"

"...yes."