Chapter 4

Ayyyy seven nation army y'all :')

Man on the right is N'Jobu, Erik and Tala's Dad.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"His shield?", I repeated, not convinced I heard him properly the first time.

"His shield", Klaw grinned, laying back in his chair with his hands behind his head and his leg propped onto his other knee.

"You're crazy man, you know that?", Erik said with a smirk of his own, approving of Klaw's mad idea.

"Hold up a second. Am I the only sane one here that realises this plan is almost impossible? This is Captain America's shield we're talking about, aren't we?", I almost yelled.

"Almost...impossible", Klaw chuckled, standing up from his seat.

I sighed, leaning against the wall behind me and throwing my lollipop into the bin next to me.

"Go on then genius. Tell us the plan", I said, intrigued to know what he'd come up with.

"You guys remember my old friend Brock Rumlow, right?", he began, looking between me and Erik.

"The guy who worked with HYDRA?", Erik asked.

I shifted on my feet, uneasy at the mention of HYDRA. Erik looked at me, asking me if I was okay with his eyes. I nodded and looked back at Klaw.

"Bingo. I met him a few days back when he bought one of our cars. Turns out he's going on a mission to Nigeria with a couple pals to try and steal a biological weapon", he explained.

"What kind of biological weapon?", I asked.

"Dunno. Didn't care enough to ask", he shrugged

"So what, we gonna help them?", Erik asked, also not realising where he was going to with all of this.

"No, actually. I tipped off S.H.I.E.L.D about it and now the Avengers are gonna be on their asses", Klaw grinned.

"Hang on a minute, I thought he was your friend", I asked, confused.

"That's right, he was", he admitted, nodding his head.

"Why'd you grass him up to the Avengers then?", I asked, beginning to laugh.

"Remember I told you he bought a car off us? He didn't pay me the full price", Klaw said, laughing out loud at his idea of revenge.

"Remind me not to get on your bad side", I grinned.

"Darlin', even my bad side can't compare to yours", he stated, slightly more serious. I shrugged my shoulders, hopping onto the table and sitting down with my feet dangling off the edge.

"I second that", Erik said chuckling. "It just gets ugly when you mad, Tala."

"Damn right it does", I grinned, signalling for Klaw to carry on telling us the plan.

"Okay, so while Brock's getting his ass chased by the superhero clique, we're gonna jump in and single out the Captain and take his shield. I have all the specifics being handled as we speak, but needed to speak to you before I finalized anything", Klaw explained.

I narrowed my eyes at him. He was holding something back.

"You're not telling us something", I said lowly. He sighed, closing his eyes for a few seconds and then re-opening them.