Chapter 9 *SPECIAL*

A little different from the main storyline. I hope you like it!

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I turned the coin in my hand and inspected it closely.

"Sooo...why's it special again?", I asked, confused.

Keanu chuckled, taking the coin from my hand.  I leaned my head back from where I was laying  on his lap to look at him.

"I'll show you", he grinned. He held the coin in front of my face and opened it up, the two faces of the coin sliding over each other. Inside was a very small picture of a woman in her 30s.

"Your mom?", I asked, taking the coin from him to take a closer look.

"Yeah. That's my mom", he confirmed.

"She's beautiful", I admitted before closing the coin and putting it down on the bed next to me.

"And so are you", Keanu said, smiling down at me. I grinned when he began to lean down, giving me a quick kiss before pulling away.

"What's the rush?", I asked, grabbing his face and kissing him again for a little bit longer. He laughed against the kiss, forcing us apart again.

"You two wanna get a room?", one of the soldiers yelled at us. I looked up to see it was only my friend Jay joking around.

"No. We like the audience!", I yelled back, laughing. Keanu snorted, starting to play around with my hair.

"Ow", I complained, moving my head from his lap and sitting up.

"Baby", he grumbled.

"I know you are", I said, trying to pinch his cheeks mockingly. He kept swatting my hands away so I gave up.

"Let's go to lunch. I'm starving", I said, grabbing Keanu's hand and lifting him off the bed.

"I can think of a few things I want to eat right now."

My mouth dropped open in shock. I turned around to look at Keanu who had a cheeky grin on his face. I laughed and started walking away.

"Maybe later!", I yelled back, a grin plastered on my face.

"What? Tala! Wait", he shouted back, running after me.

I stepped into the canteen when Keanu joined me again. He threw his arms around my shoulders as we looked around for a place to sit.

"You sit. I'll go get us lunch", he said, letting go of me and going to stand in the queue.

I sat on our usual table with our friends and waited for him. Keanu was taking his seat next to me when the Sergeant came running in to the tent.

"Troops. We got a lead. Leaving in 5!", he yelled. All conversations dropped, we stood from our seats and ran to our own tents to suit up.

I saw Keanu's coin on my bed and decided to leave it there. No doubt Keanu wouldn't have left without it if he saw it. Him and his superstitious lucky coin, I thought, rolling my eyes.