Chapter 7

T-A-L-A

- - - - - -

- - - - - -

HOW IS THIS STORY ON 2K READS ALREADY?

I'M SHOOKETH AF

Also a quick thank you to everyone who helped me cast someone for Tala :) she's in the picture above 👆🏼

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I opened my eyes and took a few deep breathes. I looked at my arm where a bandage covered it, a bit of blood seeping through. I didn't even try to move, mostly because I didn't really want to.

I closed my eyes again, thinking over what had happened before I blacked out.

I remembered it all. From getting the shield to losing it again. And it pissed me right off.

"You're awake."

"Where is he?", I asked him. Erik pointed towards the door. I looked at the bedside cabinet and grabbed the bottle of alcohol on it. I took a swig and swung my legs over the side of the bed to stand up.

"Tala", Erik called. I ignored him and stormed out of the room and into the main part of the warehouse.

"Tala!", he yelled again, which unfortunately caught Klaw's attention.

"Hey, calm do-"

I changed my hold on the bottle and lifted it above my head before throwing it forward towards his head. He dodged it as it collided with the brick wall behind him, shattered the glass into hundreds of pieces.

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down you bastard!", I shouted, grabbing the object nearest to me and also throwing it at him. I watched as he also dodged the plate as it smashed against the wall as well. Arms grabbed my waist and held me back, but that didn't stop me from sending Klaw the worst death glares I'd ever given.

"You almost got me killed!", I yelled, watching as he ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"I know! I'm sorry", he replied.

"Not fucking good enough", I spat, pushing Erik away from me. "What were you doing anyways?"

"Running from the Avengers, actually", Klaw mumbled, looking anywhere but at me.

"Well, guess what asshole? So was I!"

"You know I couldn't let them see me. They know who I am!", he yelled back.

"Well thanks to you, they might know who I am now as well!"

"They didn't. They've got nothin'."

At that point, I turned to face Erik.

"Why aren't you blowing up on him?", I asked, confused as to why he wasn't defending me, or beating the shit out of Klaw as we speak.