Chapter 6

We had spent two days in Nigeria's capital, Lagos. In that time, I had managed to learn the ins and outs of our plan, ready for the day we had to execute it.

That day also happens to be today.

We'd been paying attention to the news reports which proved Brock Rumlow was in Lagos, robbing police stations and buying weapons from the government. As a matter of fact, we were going to meet with him within the next few minutes, as a means to finalise the plan in person and prevent hiccups.

Rumlow currently has no idea the Avengers are going to be making an entrance all thanks to Klaw. But for our plan to work and for Rumlow to not become suspicious of us, we're going to have to be the ones to break it to him.

You see, he thinks we came here to help him steal the biological weapon and then get paid for helping, not steal Cap's shield.

"He's here", Erik whispered in my ear. I stood up from the chair and held my hands in front of me, cracking my head from side to side. I looked over myself quickly, making sure I still had my knives and guns on me just in case it got ugly.

"Showtime", Klaw laughed, pressing a button that opened the huge doors to the warehouse as two huge cars drove in.

I glanced at Erik and we both gave each other a reassuring nod. In situations like this, me and Erik always had an emergency backup plan in case things went south. We could never be too careful; not after all we've had to go through.

The doors of the cars opened and men dressed in black from head to toe, armed quite heavily, began stepping out. One man walked ahead of the rest, and I immediately knew he was Rumlow. He took off the mask he had on, and it took all I had not to cringe at his burnt, scarred face.

"Klaw", Rumlow greeted, nodding at Klaw. They shook hands, before Rumlow turned to face us.

"And you must be the Killmonger's", he mumbled, walking to stand in front of us.

"In the flesh", I said, making eye contact with Rumlow and refusing to break away first. He walked up to me, quite a bit taller but not enough to intimidate me.

He broke away first, and I did a small victory dance in my head.

"So, what's your plan Klaw?", Rumlow asked, walking away from me.

"Change of plans, actually", Klaw began, grabbing Rumlow's attention.

"We got it from a reliable source. The Avengers are in town", Erik said, making Rumlow's head snap towards him.

"Okay...but how does that change plans?", he asked, narrowing his eyes at us.

"Well...you, as well as everyone else, knows how much I love my Vibranium", Klaw began. Rumlow said nothing, and Klaw used his silence a sign to continue.

"We'll help you get the biological weapon, but once it's in your hands, we split. We want the Captain's shield", he told him, a sterner look now in his eyes.

Rumlow's eyes darted between the three of us. Even though it might have sounded like we were giving him a choice, he knew we really weren't.

"Deal."

"Fantastic. Now that that's cleared up, let's talk business", Klaw grinned, rubbing his hands together.