Chapter 7

>TWO MONTHS LATER<

It's been two months since we last saw Colby, Jon, and Joe. We still keep in touch with each other, but it's not the same as seeing them in person. Anyway, today is the last day of tour. We're all really excited. The guys have a big surprise for the audience tonight.

"Are you guys ready for tonight?" I asked them. "Yup," they replied with a nod. A few minutes later, we arrived at the venue. I stood up from the couch and followed the guys and Nicki off the bus.

 I stood up from the couch and followed the guys and Nicki off the bus

^Val's outfit

^Nicki's outfit

^Nicki's outfit

We entered the building and headed towards the dressing rooms. Nicki and I stood outside their dressing rooms waiting for them. They came back out and sat on the couches that were backstage. Nicki and I joined them.

"I can't believe this is the last show of the tour," Kevin said. "I know," Alex replied. The rest of us nodded in agreement. "A Day To Remember, you're on in two minutes," the stage manager told them. They nodded and we got up heading towards the stage entrance.

"Good luck guys!!" Nicki and I exclaimed giving them a hug. They smiled and ran out onstage.

Colby's POV

Jon, Joe, and I just got to the arena where A Day To Remember was performing tonight. We got a month off and thought it was a good idea to surprise everyone after the show. We headed inside and made our way to our seats. They were floor seats and we were a far enough distance from the stage where the guys couldn't see us. Soon enough, the lights dimmed and the band ran out onstage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still Colby's POV

The concert has been amazing so far. They just ended their song All I Want when Jeremy started talking.

"Thank you. We're gonna slow it down a little. For this next song, I need some help and I know just the person. Now please help me welcome our best friend and my little sister, Valerie McKinnon!!!" he exclaimed. Val ran onstage and Jon, Joe, and I looked at each other in shock. We turned our attention back to the stage when they started playing If It Means A Lot To You.

 " And hey darling,
I hope you're good tonight.
And I know you don't feel right when I'm leaving.
Yeah, I want it but no, I don't need it.
Tell me something sweet to get me by,
'Cause I can't come back home till they're singing

La, la la la, la la la,
Till everyone is singing

If you can wait till I get home,
Then I swear to you that we can make this last.
(La la la)
If you can wait till I get home,
Then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past.
Well it might be for the best.

And hey sweetie,
Well I need you here tonight,
And I know that you don't wanna be leaving me
Yeah, you want it, but I can't help it.
I just feel complete when you're by my side,
But I know you can't come home till they're singing

La, la la la, la la la,
Till everyone is singing.
La, la la la, la la la.

If you can wait till I get home,
Then I swear to you that we can make this last.
(La la la)
If you can wait till I get home,
Then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past.
Well it might be for the best.

You know you can't give me what I need.
And even though you mean so much to me,
I can't wait through everything,
Is this really happening?
I swear I'll never be happy again.
And don't you dare say we can just be friends.
I'm not some boy that you can sway.
We knew it'd happen eventually.

La, la la la, la la la,
Now everybody's singing.
La, la la la, la la la,
Now everybody's singing.
La, la la la, la la la,
(If you can wait till I get home)
Now everybody's singing.
La, la la la, la la la,
(Then I swear we can make this last)
Now everybody's singing.

La, la la la, la la la,
(If you can wait till I get home)
Now everybody's singing.
La, la la la, la la la,
(Then I swear we can make this last)
Now everybody's singing.
La "  

As they were singing, I couldn't stop staring at Val. She has an incredible voice. I didn't know that she could sing. The song ended and the entire audience screamed louder than before. Val ran offstage and they started playing The Downfall Of Us All.