A Broken Heart Can't Mend

(Outfit^^^^)
Lilian's POV
  I went back to school pretending everything didn't happen, it only hurts more when you pretend it doesn't.

I biked to school with dark circles on my eyes and red eyes, I couldn't sleep because I was crying all night. I met up with Stan, Eddie, and Bill. For a split second Stan's hand and Mine grazed against each other. I quickly looked up at him and gave him a weak smile.

Bill questioned: "Wh-where's R-rich?" I shrugged and Eddie said: "Jesus Lili, you look like shit!" Stan gave him a death stare and Bill nudged him and I looked at the floor guilty.

"Wh-whats wrong Lil?" Bill stuttered. I looked up trying as hard as I can to swallow my cry. I didn't want to say anything to cry, so
I gestured for Stan to tell them. He told them; and they all went to hug me but that caused me to cry even more.

I saw Richie and Caroline pulling up to the door and they approached us, I ran to the bathroom but Caroline chased after me and said: "Lilian, I'm sorry, I didn't know you guys were together." I barely spoke from my exhaustion: "You can't Mend a broken heart, Caroline. Saying sorry won't take it back." I then ran to the bathroom and into the stall crying and crying.

I heard someone walking inside, Stan called my name and I chocked up: "Stan what are you doing here? This is the girls bathroom." He said: "I don't care just get outta there." I sheepishly got out and he took my hand and we ran out of school.

I was surprised by his actions, he said: "cmon quick get on your bike! And follow me." I got on my bike and followed him. "Holy Shit, we ditched!" Not like it mattered, I didn't have present parents and Stan's parents never cared about him anyway.

We ended up at the Quarry, we sat on the cliff our legs dangling off the edge. He interlaced his fingers with mine and I said: "Stan, I'm sorry I dragged you into this." He spoke: "Lili, look I know you're gonna think I'm crazy but I have a thing for you. I know this isn't a right time to tell you this but I've been hiding it for a while now."

I looked up and kissed him and I said: "I like you too Stan." He smiled at me and I did the same, I screamed: "Lets swim! Last one there is a rotten egg." I quickly stripped down all my clothes but my underwear Stan did the same and we jumped down together hand in hand.

I came up to the surface of the water and I saw IT I screamed but then IT pulled me underwater, and I was almost gonna die from drowning Until Stan pulled me up, I was catching my breath. I then hugged Stan in fear. I whispered: "did you see IT?" He nodded his head and hugged me, he put his chin on my head and I felt good in his arms, just not safe like I am with Richie.

We went back to my house and I made Stan and I lunch, we ate and we watched some TV. The doorbell rang and Stan said he would get it. I heard Richie's voice weak and scared: "please...can I see her?" Stan looked at me, I shook my head and Stan said: "She doesn't wanna talk man". He was closing the door but Richie held it and he yelled: "you're lying! Let me see her! Let me see Lili!" I shouted from my place firmly: "Richie, please if you can respect my decision. Leave."

He left and Stan closed the door and came back to sit next to me, we continued watching TV but then Stan leaned in to kiss me, I pulled away and I said: "Stan, look you are a great guy I do like you but-" Stan continued what I wanted to say: "but not as much as you love Richie." I quickly apologized from all the sadness that I've been causing around me.

And he said: "Lilian, its alright you might never love me back but our bond is unique and I hope it won't be awkward between us, and if anyone hurts you, I'll bust their eye in." I looked at him and smiled: "I promise it won't, friends?" He nodded: "friends."

Stan and I sat on the roof of my house and smoked tobacco, We looked at the beautiful sunset fading away into the mysterious night sky.

"We were just kids when we fell in love"