9: His overprotectiveness

Beyond the boundaries of the Academy, a huge ruckus begun over a particular table lamp most people now called as a legendary artifact. When in fact, it was the item Hein and Rei crafted by chance so as to play with their ability.

The item was passed down from one owner to another, being bought by a richer household than the ones before. This ultimately became one of the most prized item in the underground auction houses, and many still could not get enough at seeing the unique design and attribute of the seemingly crystallized lamp, its light coming out from the front and back lights of the small car, shining in different hues passing through the crystal clusters.

One of its special attribute was there was no switch for the lights, at least not visibly. One would only need to order the lamp vocally such as "Switch Lights" or "Lights On" and the lights of the small car would light up. Additionally, it can be used as an alarm with just a vocal command. Some even lamented on what other things could possibly be found on the lamp. It was a pity they could not catch the inventor, especially for the purpose of finding out where the crystals came from.

Despite how brittle the crystals appeared, it is very durable, and in different light trajectory, the light reflected would be of different hues. It was what made the whole lamp beautiful and majestic. This, coupled with the fact that the lamp never runs out of light, which can then be lit up for unprecedented time, became very popular for the rich and wealthy.

___________

It's been a month since the start of the semester, and Rei became a little more involved with the class. It begun with the class representative who was having trouble collecting everyone's homework. When Rei saw how conflicted she looked, she involuntarily approached and softly offered help.

Due to this sudden actions of her's, the classroom quieted down a whole lot and only then did they notice that the class representative needed their homework passed to the front.

Rei did not have to spend any effort, but the class representative was very grateful that she begun hanging around Rei ever since. And in respect, assignments became easier to handle as everyone did their best to hand out their work. Inwardly, they actually didn't want to offend Rei in any way as the Silver Emperor's affection for his wife was earth shattering enough.

Semester was reaching its middle-point, and it was soon the time to prepare for the School Festival. This was a foreign event for Rei and so she attentively listened to her homeroom instructor as well as the gossip mongers.

"Who'll be the Ms. Muse and Mr. Charming for our class?"

"Why not we do a poll? It'll be fair then."

"That's a good idea. Guys, cut up a piece of paper, roll them up and put them in this box!"

Before long, everyone got to work as they wrote down names of the person they thought most suitable to represent the class. Then the class representative and the vice begun counting the votes. Many of them had their throats stuck as they actually saw a name that shouldn't be part as poll: Rei Stones.

Everyone knew she was the Silver Emperor's apple, and there was no telling what he would do if she was hauled up and paired with another boy. But in all fairness, the counting of the votes continued and it became even more fearsome.

Janette Beau - 9

Rei Stones - 8

Girl 3 and 4 - 6

Out of 30 students, there were four girls being contested, but only these two had the highest points. There was only one scrap of paper in the box, yet everyone already felt like running out of the classroom to escape.