10: His hidden darkside she does not know

The night was blanketed with brilliant starry stars, perfect for a star gazing date.

In one of Z City's richest household, a man was silently killed. His head fell back, revealing his opened wide eyes staring horrifically at something no longer possible to see.

His office that was only lit by his table lampshade vaguely revealing a few figures standing at the side. They were all wearing black tight-fitting clothes, exposing their well-endowed figures.

Despite their recent kill, their eyes did not hold viciousness, but indifference instead. It was quite obvious by their reactions that they had done the same thing numerous times. Too many times for them to count that merely seeing cut up limbs would no longer cause them to blink.

Humans were scary creatures because of their ability to adapt in different situations, and even improve at their job.

"Going over the details, there should no longer any need to touch the documents."

Another nodded and said, "Agreed. Easy as usual, but what did the guy do wrong? Insult the Prime Minister? Harassed some powerful politician or what?"

"He disagreed with Gregory Johnson's idea of article 22, whereby selling marijuana should increase its taxes by 20%."

"Just goes to show he has friends doing the business, and the higher the tax implemented, the less buyers there will be. Can't really blame for wanting more money."

"Can't blame them, but it will also be too late by the time someone does stop people from getting addicted and muddle-headed!"

"Whoa, easy there girly. Just saying the truth, not everybody cares."

"Easy there, my a$$. Anyways, we are done!"

"Okay~ Okay~ Lady's first!"

"Hmph!" She was about to jump out of the window when she noticed one of them still standing by the dead official's body. "What's up?"

The shadow shrugged, shaking his head but it was obvious for the other he was not amused by what he had seen, whatever that was.

"Alright, if it's nothing— let us go. Before anyone comes and check up on him."

The shadow quietly followed after his peers, leaving only one lean shadow behind. This lone shadow stood where his companion was standing and overlooking at a certain file. Once he read some of it, he was also surprised but did not comment, leaving immediately following his escaping comrades.

The darkness hid them as they went back to their home. It was another successful mission and they will be rewarded generously for their work.

Inside a certain office, a woman in her 40's stood before a desk full of students' personal information

Inside a certain office, a woman in her 40's stood before a desk full of students' personal information. Spread on her desk even more were confidential files she had received 2 months prior.

There was another person in her office. He sat on one of the soft sofa and a tea was served before him, and as steam coiled upwards, it was revealed the man was a noteworthy personage in the business industry; And more specifically in jewelry making.

Through the glass window, splatter of rain begun as the woman looks at her own reflection on the glass itself. Her hands were crossed across her chest, her face stern. She narrowed her eyes when she spoke. 

"You are gonna break the child."

"With you interfering, how could she?"

"Even then, her heart will be broken... Can you be more sympathetic?"

"Ever since she was gone, I have no heart left to empathize with others. Just do what I tell you and I'll leave your school alone."

"You are not making this easy for all of us..."

"Who says I was even thinking of you and your lot? I just want results."

"I wish you could've chosen another method than this..."

"You hypocrite. Another method would give me the same result, what makes it any different than now?"

"...Can you let her go?"

"Never."

The woman heaved a regrettable sigh, as if she was carrying the weight of the whole world. She turned back onto looking at her own reflection on the glass window that has now become wet from the rain.

A storm was coming.