11: He is mesmerized by her

The school festival was on the roll, and every girl in Rei's classroom diligently dressed her as if they were preparing for her wedding. 

Rei has a long, almost silver hair, and the girls especially had fun slightly curling them. They merely gave her a light makeup as her beauty would diminish if she was caked. A soft hue for her lips, a little pat of blush, a little brush on her eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara, and a thin layer of concealer.

Then she was shoved in a regal dress accentuating the curves of her hips and her modest chest. Her skin was pale, so when the fiery dress with gold embroidery was fitted on her, she looked very eye catching and dashing.

When the girls were finished, they too couldn't believe their work of art. Several flashes from the camera aroused commotion in the classroom, drawing more attention to the girl's side of preparation.

As soon as others laid their eyes on Rei's expressionless but enchanting face, not a word was said. 

Not for long, Mr Charming was finished with his preparation as well and offered his arm to Rei nervously. He couldn't seem to look at his partner straight in her eyes.

Rei took his arm by practice and was led by him to the Gymnasium where the event of Ms Muse and Mr Charming will be held.

As they walked down the corridors, many stopped to stare at the couple; or more specifically on the lady. Those who were chatting stopped, and those who were walking bumped their head onto the wall. Those who had their mouth open had drool leaking at the corner of their mouth.

She was enchanting and almost everyone acknowledged it. When Sophia accidentally stumbled upon Rei and her Mr Charming, she almost tripped on her dress. She too was participating in the event as her class' Muse.

She tried to recover her calm and greeted Rei with a small dignified smile. "Rei! You look beautiful~ Your classmates really did their best to make you dazzling. I don't think I can win against you..."

Before Rei could respond, whispers sprang up from their surroundings.

"Holy pancakes! The meeting of the ex-Empress and the current Empress!!"

"Don- Don-! Red Queen Versus Ice Beauty ROOOOOUND 1!!"

"Psst. Stop shamelessly announcing things. That's very crude of you!"

"Crude or not, this is the battle of the century! Ready your video cameras, guys! At a count of 3!"

"This festival is gonna be awesome with two beauties facing each other! How about the Red Queen's Mr Charming though? Where is he??"

"I think that.... is him... Wait! That's!"

As the crowd begun to notice Sophia's partner, everyone could no longer hold their excitement. Their breath hitched at the sight of Hein in his white tuxedo that made him even more elegant and handsome. His hair was comb to the side, merely leaving some bangs to half-cover his eye. While his other side's hair was gelled behind his ears, a sapphire earing pinned on his earlobe. A little dab of lipstick colored his lips alive, making them kissable.

When his eyes landed on Rei, they sparkled like fireworks. 

On the other hand, Rei slowly looked up at him and when she realized who it was, only then did she flash him a smile. Her usual smile, whenever she met him. Although he loved seeing her smile, he felt slightly dissatisfied, secretly wishing she'd comment on how he looked. After all, he was wearing something different and more formal today, while his hair was styled.

No matter the case, he still was happy seeing her in a gorgeous dress, feeling regret he was not her partner. 

Everyone else on the sidelines were mesmerized by the scene. While a few were thanking the gods for letting them see a one in a lifetime miracle. 

"This is where the real battle starts. Who will the Silver Emperor choose in the end?! The old love or the new love?"

"Whatever do you mean? You are making it sound like our Silver Emperor is some fickle hearted man!!"

"Uhh, I didn't mean that. But we all know Red Queen and Silver Emperor have always been seen as a pair until Ice Beauty came along..."

"That's simply you and your peers' conjuncture! Silver Emperor never admitted to any of th--"

Before she could even finish her speech, everyone saw their Silver Emperor ignoring the Red Queen and approaching the Ice Beauty with a doting smile on his face. He held a hand for her to which she readily accepted, leaving behind her Mr Charming who looked ashen.

They then saw the Ice Beauty waved at the Red Queen while briefly glancing at her Mr Charming who looked even more devastated at every passing moment.

"...There we have it. Ice Beauty wins!!"

"W-what... Our Silver Emperor!!! NOOOOO!"

Waves of girls consecutively had their hearts broken while there were still some others looking at the scene carefully, waiting for more things to unfold.

"Did the Ice Beauty just silently told the Red Queen "To Get Lost"? While coldly ditching her Mr Charming??"

"But you know, they cannot be together."

"Like Romeo and Juliet? Suppose so, they are in different grades and classes after all."

"Such a beautiful love that only blooms in silence, but only reaching out for one another~."

"You could write your own novel, Mr Gossiper."

"And you, M'Lady can be my Queen."

"In your--"

"Dreams. Of course."

The rest of the crowd followed to see the actual show in the Gymnasium. However, they could already guess who would win.

Between Red Queen and Silver Emperor partnership, there hardly would be anyone to compete. Or would that be so?