Alderaan with a Lothalian Thief

Sabine had been in her room for three days now, not sleeping, drawing, or even training. She only left her room once or twice a day, to get something to eat, and then retreated back into her cabin. Even though Kanan, Hera, and even Zeb tried to console her, she still wouldn't talk to them or go back to her normal self. It was clear she already regretted her decision, but it was too late now. Ezra wasn't going to come back and it was her fault that the boy who had become so close to the crew in just a few months, had just packed up and left. She didn't know what to do. She tried to think of a way to communicate with Ezra, but she couldn't think of any. So she just tried to sleep again, but unable due to her thoughts of Ezra.

ON ALDERAAN

"Okay, you two, look into the food aisle of the market. You two, check the blacksmith area. We need to get a description of this thief as quick as possible." The princess said right before getting a transmission. She accepted it hoping that it was someone from the palace calling her back to help the rebellion "Princess Leia, we need a little bit of help. We are starting to run low on sh-" Commander Sato asked, but got muted very quickly "Commander, you know the safety regulations. I will talk to you once I get back to the palace. Right now you are muted so don't even try." Leia was a bit mad due to Sato endangering the rebellion, though she could tell that they needed ships which means that they were in a bit of a predicament. She kept this in mind as something to deal with once she got back to the palace. Leia opened he wrist mounted com system and contacted her troops to see if they had found anything useful. Only one reported that one of the sellers had gotten a glimpse of the thief, though not enough to get a description. Leia started moving towards where the thief was reported to have been spotted, with the troops from the blacksmith area regrouping with her on the way there.

Ezra was back to his old ways, because the credits he had found from the pockets of his clothes had run out. He had considered taking credits from the Ghost, but he knew they needed it so he decided against it. Snatching food and getting away with it was quite easy for him. It was easy enough without the force, and now that he had the force it was even easier, though he had to keep reminding himself to only take enough so he could eat and not more, as greed wanted to try and get the better of him, but he wouldn't let it happen, not now, not ever.

As Leia and her escorts were walking towards the food market, they saw a blue haired person walk by a food stand and snatch a fruit from a stand, seemingly without even touching it. Leia quietly called the troops to her position, telling them a route which would let them circle the thief. They moved quietly and masked themselves in the crowd so they could circle him without him noticing. To their surprise, the person changed routes so many times through the market that it made impossible for Leia to give accurate routes for the encircling troops. It was clear that the person was aware of them following them, so Leia gave to order to move in to arrest him. He moved on for a bit in the same inpredictable pattern. But when the troops tried to jump on him for the arrest, he just jumped onto the roof and ran off.

Leia was disappointed, but she had a feeling that she knew where that person was going to. It was annoying referring to that person as 'the person' or, 'the thief' but as the thief's hair was long enough so you couldn't really tell whether it was a guy or a woman.

Leia told her troops to follow her. She went in a zig zag pattern through the streets into the more violent neighborhoods. The troops pulled closer to Leia, on alert in case anyone came in to attack. After a while they reached a flat roof warehouse. Leia told the troops to silently climb the other rooftops in case the thief tried to escape again. She herself went to climb the roof of the warehouse. Everyone commed her that they were in position, so she moved in, peeking over the edge and seeing the same person leaning against of the the skylights. "So, how'd you find me? I'm pretty sure I didn't see any drones or feel any trackers." The person said, all to the surprise of Princess Leia. She climbed up the ladder, so she could get a better look at the thief, though his words still bounced around her head. She immediately thought of force users. It would be the only explanation as to how he knew they were there and to how he escaped them so easily. Then she realized that she recognized the voice. It was Ezra Bridger. She wasn't aware that their crew were on the planet, but if they were, then it raised the question of why he was stealing from the market.

"Ezra Bridger. I thought you had your crew who took care of you. "Why are you stealing from the market? If your crew ran out of Credits then you could have asked and we could have supplied a little bit." Ezra's eyes snapped open and the turned around to see Leia. The voice that Leia used got him confused, but he quickly regained his composure. He expected it to be some random police officer that had somehow found him. He immediately got up and looked her in the eye. "I'm not with the crew anymore. I left. The closest planet was Alderaan so Hera dropped me off here. As to why I was stealing? I ran out of Credits so I had to steal to survive. I only stole the bare minimum I needed." Leia was surprised that Ezra had left the crew, they seemed like a weird family of sorts. She was also surprised at Ezra's directness. She expected him to try and avoid the question, but since she got the answers she needed, she left it at that  "Well... its clear you don't want to rejoin them so I have a proposal. The decision to accept is completely yours. You join as my bodyguard, and you will have a place to stay at. I mean, I would give you a place to stay at regardless, but some job would give you something to do." This seemed like a nice deal for Ezra. The job seemed nice. He understood what Leia was saying. " This is quite nice but... I don't know. It would mean working with a crew that I don't know. Though I do have a plan of getting some kind of a more professional crew together... which seems to contradict my previous statement but.... I don't know. I will have to think about it." Ezra sighed heavily. He knew he sounded contradictory, but it was his plan. To get a professional crew together. Then Leia proposed a more interesting plan. "Hmmm, I have an idea. Since my father seems to send me undercover anyway, we could form a crew that would work for the rebellion. I mean, how hard would it be to find some good people?" Leia already had a few people I mind. "I think I can get about 5 people together. If you find us one more then we might have a nice size crew." Leia told Ezra, who also had a person in mind, "I know one. We have to go to Lothal though." Ezra said to Leia, as they climbed down. Leia told his troops to regroup. "I will inform my father of our decision and then get the money to reimburse the sellers for the product they lost." Leia gave Ezra a quick glare, which made Ezra give a shameful smile to her. Though she understood his reasoning for stealing, she was still annoyed because of the paper work that her father would put on her. But in the mind of Ezra, his vision of having his own crew seemed to be coming together...