Ch.1-Kidnapped

^pic is how I picture their hair color^

Have you ever felt true fear? I'm talking about every nerve in your body being on high alert like soldiers awaiting an attack, not knowing which direction it will come from. I'm talking about the fear that makes your heart race at speeds that can't possibly be healthy. Your hands trembling. That hallow sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach.

Have you ever felt the icy cold touch of death's hand on your shoulder, pulling you in? Have you ever had tears prick your eyes like needle points because although you know anyone could die at any moment, you never imagined what facing that moment would actually feel like. Well, now I can say I have.

My feet pick up the pace, transitioning from a speed walk to an all-out sprint. I chanced a glance behind me and saw the dark figure quicken his pace as well. Proof now, that he is without a doubt following me. Panic and adrenaline made a powerful cocktail in my veins that pushed my legs to move faster despite the burning in my chest.

Why the hell did I park all the way in the back!?

I clutched my keys tighter, my eyes glued to my car in the distance as if I could mentally will it to come closer with enough focus. My parents told me not to work the closing shifts and now really I wish I had listened.

It was black outside with only a few lights casting a dim glow in the parking lot of the closed mall. I let out a yell, "help!", but there was nobody around to hear me.

I don't know why this person is chasing me, but I think it's safe to assume it's not for anything good.

This can't happen to me. This sort of thing just doesn't happen to people like me. My life is too ordinary for shit like this. I'm not one of those girls that end up on the 5 o'clock news. I can't be.

My body slams into the side of my car and I rip the door open. My heavy pants fill the space as I fumble trying to shove the keys into the ignition. I hit the locks and a sound like a weak laugh comes out of my mouth as I feel slightly safer. I made it.

I'm about to throw my car in reverse when a hand grabs my forehead and yanks it back against the headrest, another hand places a cloth over my mouth which effectively muffles my screams. My hands fly up to try and claw the cold hands off of my face, but I'm not strong enough. I struggle desperately, fighting whatever drug covers the cloth and is now making my head spin. I thrash wildly in my seat, being fully aware if they take me I may never come back.

Tears stream down my face and splash onto the stranger's hand. My hands reach behind my head in hopes of hitting my assailant, scratching him, pulling his hair, anything that might get him to let go. I struggle as hard as I can until my eyes cloud with stars. Just before I completely succumb to the darkness, I catch a pair of dark eyes in my rear view mirror that sends a chill down my spine.

***

Pain. That's the first thing I register. There's a crick in my neck, a clear indication of how long I've been slumped in an uncomfortable position. It's dark, my eyes are covered with material, so all I can do is feel. My body is stiff and sore all over, nothing feels broken though. My best guess is whoever grabbed me wasn't gentle in transporting my unconscious body.

Terror. That's the second thing I register. This is real. This is actually happening to me. I've been kidnapped and no one know's where I am. No one's coming to save me. What's the statistic on people getting out of these types of situations? I don't even want to think about it. I'm all alone for the first time in my life.

I hear heavy footsteps moving closer to me and I quickly try to cease my tears. Whoever these people are, I will not give them the satisfaction of seeing me cry like a scared little girl. Even if I'm terrified to my core. If this is how I end, I'm not going out without a fight.