Ch.8-Heart To Heart

[Sorry, I had to re-post because it was showing that it posted the same chapter twice]

"And where the hell were you?!" RM's angry shout had me subconsciously cowering into Jimin's side.

"I'm sorry" Tae (I actually think that name suits him better than V) apologized with his head hung low in shame.

"You're sorry?" the leader scoffed, "and what if they didn't just come here to threaten us? Huh? What if they had come to execute an attack? We could all be dead right now because of your carelessness"

Taehyung was about to speak again but I beat him to it, "it was actually my fault, so please don't take it out on him". I couldn't just stand there in the living room and watch him get scolded for something that I caused. The guilt was gnawing away at me with each harsh word that left the leader's full lips. "He was doing his job, but then I pulled him away"

RM's lethal face turned on me. "Charlotte, this is BTS business, I'd appreciate it if you stayed out of it"

My gaze fell. For some reason, his words hurt me. I know this isn't my place but I can't help feeling concerned for them. As soon as Taehyung woke RM to show him our discovery, the leader knew right away that the chickens were supposed to be a threat from a rival gang called EXO. I've never heard of this gang, but if they're out here murdering animals just to send a message I don't think I ever want the displeasure of meeting them.

"Have you made a decision yet?" Jimin's question, thankfully, pulled RM's attention away from me. The look he had been giving me was causing me to be overly aware of the rat's nest that was currently my hair and the way fingers fidgeted with the hem of my shorts. It was a concentrated look of anger and... Something else that I couldn't place.

He wet his lips before letting out a heavy sigh, his shoulders slumping from the weight of being in charge. "Yes, I'm not letting that psychopath give me orders. I would rather die than do that to myself" his eyes looked from Jimin to Tae and then back again, "or any of you".

"looks like we're gonna need a plan of action then" Jimin replied, all traces of the young boy who splashed through the swimming hole with me just a half hour ago were long gone. Deleted from his features. Standing here in the living room, I feel as though I'm getting my first glance of what serious gang member Jimin looked like. The firm set of his jaw and the detached 'what needs to be done - needs to be done' depth to his eyes made a shiver roll down my spine. So different was this boy to the boy I had come to call my friend. I couldn't help but find myself somewhat afraid of this version of him.

RM nodded once. "For now, let's get some sleep", he said in a firm voice that held a grim tone, "There will be a lot of late nights from this point on".

Everyone parted ways, heading up the stairs to follow the leader's orders. The house seemed different now. I could feel that tonight's event had changed something, or set something into motion. What? I didn't know. But, there was a stillness that hung in the air like the calm before the storm.

I changed quickly, opting to save my shower for the morning, and then moved onto the bed. I sighed as all the tension seeped from my sore muscles, my body settling into the soft sheets. It usually took me awhile to fall asleep, but I could feel that wouldn't be a problem tonight. My eyes had just slid shut when there was a soft knock on my door.

"Yeah?" my voice came out so quiet I doubted for a moment that my visitor had even heard. But then the door creaked open and a figure stepped into the room, the yellow glow from the lamp on my nightstand revealing RM. I sat up against the pillows surprised to see him, "is everything okay?"

His eyes watched me for a moment as if he was trying to decide what to say. Finally, he took a few more steps towards me and gestured to the end of the bed, "may I?"